Vibrations in Friction Drive Bikes

GoldenMotor.com

ut1205

Jul 4, 2009
Tennessee
First of all I tried the "Search" and found very little on friction drive kits. Maybe I just haven't learned how to properly use it. I have a new bike on the way for some motor kit. I have read what seems like hundreds of post here that complain about vibrations that make parts fall off the bike and require retighting of connectors often. I want my bike to be one that I can ride and not have to work on constantly so I am leaning toward a friction drive system with a Honda 4 stroke engine. This seems like a simple system with very few parts that would be easy to replace. I do not ride in the rain so that is not an issue for me. My question for the owners of friction drive owners is how much vibration do you get with the friction drive system. Anybody want to talk me out of friction dirve?

bbb

Sep 2, 2008
S Man Canada
No vibration with my Dimension Edge Mitsubishi TL43-E system...had a small learning curve on roller to tire depth...works flawlessly. They talked me into the 2-stroke and it is quiet with no smoke or smell.

bbb

Sep 2, 2008
S Man Canada
Lower the tire down to 5-10 lbs and engage, then fill to max-50lbs, on mine.
Took a few tries until i no longer saw black dust (tire) all over the rear of the bike.