Gasket question??

GoldenMotor.com

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I lost my gasket for my intake and I don't wanna wait a week to get one from AGK. What can I use to make a gasket? It's the gasket between the intake manifold and head......

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Any auto parts store can provide gasket material. It comes on rolls and usually available by the square foot. That's enough for a lot of intake gaskets. The thicker the better. Something like 3/32" is good. Tell the counter man what the gasket is for. If he's worth his salt he'll know what to give you.

Some hardware stores will also carry gasket material. Industrial suppliers also have it. Any of them will have material superior to what comes in the kits or what you'll get from a kit supplier.

Tom

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
For sure and take a realy small ballpean hammer,lay the material on the intake, use the ball to cut the holes. You can even cut the outer part with the flat side of the hammer........Curt

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Thanks guys. Looks like I will be making a trip to the autoparts store and the hardware store. I will try ACE first since I have to go there and pick up some bolts.