Bicimoto kit?

GoldenMotor.com

konstantin.neo

Sep 14, 2011
Mexico DF
Hello.
I live in Mexico City and recently discovered this wonderful world of motorized bicycles after reading about Cuban Riquimbili's.

We have a distributor of a 80cc 2stroke kits under the brand of Bicimoto with the web site: bicimoto dot com dot mx , which I believe is also available on other south american countries.

I guess you are very familiar with this kit and surely know its origin, the web says that it is manufactured in USA but at a price of 160US (2000 mexican pesos) for the full kit I found it hard to believe.

Surely this kit has been reviewed to no avail on the mb boards but since I am just beginning to dip into this world I need some help to learn more about this kit.
What other brands have this kit been named? I need to learn all I can about it.

Currently I am making a friction drive out of an unused Ryobi 31cc clutch less weed eater. For fun and learning.

Thanks.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Welcome to the forum from Dallas.

That motor kit is a common Chinese kit, like we all love. Take your time building your bike, and I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it.

When you get started, keep us updated how the build is going. Common problem areas are, the rear drive, and muffler issues, but we know how to fix them. Good luck.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
What are the names this kit goes under?
The seller offers 30 days warranty on his kits btw.
The engine kits are sold under many different brand names. Do a little research and what you'll see are identical kits marketed by many sellers. I'd be a little suspicious of the seller you mentioned if they are trying to pass off that kit as being manufactured in the U.S. All of them originate in China. They might be sold from a U.S. distributor but the kits are Chinese.
Tom

konstantin.neo

Sep 14, 2011
Mexico DF
Thats exactly what I am thinking about. The kit is chinese 110%, there is no doubt, My guess is that with strict EPA rules being applied by more states, the stock is being dumped on the available markets, central and south America. Usually we do not have this sort of niceties here so it is good to have anything like that.

Hopefully there is a thread here somewhere that goes into more or less deeper review of this kit, talking about mods and stuff.

I do use search function and sometimes it is faster if someone points out what is obvious to him.