My Next Build?

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Could this be my next build? I'm really hoping so......love the beefiness of this old DB aluminum frame. All I hafta do is aquire it......hmmm, what's it worth an old Diamond Back Della Cruz like that? Needs a bit of work for sure. Any idea or suggestions?

URL=http://img403.imageshack.us/i/img1385i.jpg/]
[/URL]

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Could this be my next build? I'm really hoping so......love the beefiness of this old DB aluminum frame. All I hafta do is aquire it......hmmm, what's it worth an old Diamond Back Della Cruz like that? Needs a bit of work for sure. Any idea or suggestions?

Considering how cheap and plentiful new bicycles are now days I'd guess about $30-40.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Considering several things... first that you really like aluminum and second, it rings your bells, third that it's in pretty good shape, fourth that it would lend itself to an in frame motor and fifth, it has a springer fork... I'd say it is worth more than $40.00.
SB

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thanks for the input guys, I've come up with this. I know the owner quite well and almost just pimped his ride as he left it unattended in the alley as is seen in the pics I took. That would be a raw deal for me as I'd be out the expense for a motor, parts and time and he would make out like a bandit. That thought aside, I'll offer him $30, but won't pay a penny over $40 for it. That seems pretty fair to me......it is well used.

The things to do would include a nice non-orange paint job and an in-frame tank for certain. I do like that frame.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I'm still contemplating this one. I really like that frame with the unusual double top tube and the styling, I'm just really concerned about the tiny engine compartment for an in-frame 4-stroke to fit without having to butcher that aluminum structure. I must take some precise measurements I guess......