Hemp fiber composite frame.

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2008
Omaha,NE
Today i was contemplating a few ideas today... namely using renewable resources in building bicycle frames and other critical components of our shared hobby. That being either using a wooden frame or manufacturing a composite laminated frame utilizing some high grade industrial hemp cloth instead of the usual CF and or fiberglass cloth. Would it not be absolutely wicked to have a bike made of 95% Cannabis fueled on hemp oil? You might even take it to the next level and build your tires out of refined help oil leaving the only few parts of your bike that are not hemp made from the epoxy binding agent and a handful of metallic parts such as gears, engine, control cables, fuel-system, and bearings.

feel free to take a look at the following link to see were i came from. http://www.hempline.com/applications/composites/

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Yeah man, people need to hear the straight dope: a hemp bike would be positively SMOKIN'. But you'd need to make it look cool, not a basic "Mary Jane". You could even name it "The Hemp-Cycle" or THC for short.

THSeaMonster

Jul 19, 2010
Richland, WA
I just made the decision to incorporate a pipe into my street bike o_O

Im gonna make a bowl in the metal under the grip and make it a steamroller of sorts. Then i can just slap it back on and be on my way. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.