Howdy All!

GoldenMotor.com

Caramanos2000

Aug 14, 2009
Puerto Rico
Hi all, ive been reading the forums as a guest for quite some time. Have been looking into building an 80cc cruiser for a short commute twice a week. Its about a 3 or 4 mile commute (have a car but traffic is ridiculous) and I was planning on using one of Daxs F70 kits. I also would like some help deciding on a bicycle. 1st is a Palomar GT Mountain Bike with Gel tires and a speedo for $150, A Huffy Cranbrook Fashion Cruiser (Worried about lack of gears and brakes) or the 700c Men's Mongoose Paver Commuter Bike. Please advise me on my bicycle choice :) Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

scooterhoot

Aug 2, 2009
Britton,mi
Car, I goodled all three of your posibile platforms. I've advised my son on the K.I.S.S. princable ( keep it simple stupid ), witch is the way I try to live. I would go with the Huffy, I've seen these at my local Walmart, and they seem to be a soild bike, plus with your location, you may have need of the full fenders.

I hope this helps you some, Scooterhoot

Keep it the rubber side down!

Caramanos2000

Aug 14, 2009
Puerto Rico
Not only simple but cheaper! I have some slight hills by my house? Will I have any complications from the coaster brake and the engine install? Will coaster brakes hold up to hills? Does the extra weight on this one not really make a difference?

JUST FOUND AN ISSUE! no walmarts in Puerto Rico do Site to store.... and they will not ship it to me either.... It has to be one from walamrt thats locally available and the Huffy is not, my zip is 00959.

Last edited: