engine paint

GoldenMotor.com

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
Hey guys I purchased some high temp engine paint at Tractors supply. Its the aluminum color. I just wanted ya'll to know it works very well so far. I rode today and got the motor hot and it is like it bonded great. Like it is powder coated.I think it looks good. These motors turn a nasty oily color in time. Here is a picture of the motor. Also, I primed it with some high temp primer.

Attachments

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
no i just stripped the black paint off it. I will have to make sure it dosen't rust. i wiped it down with oil but I"m sure it will burn off.also, barry made me a baffel for the muffler that worked out great.

marsrover

Mar 26, 2009
middle of nowhere
i had some BRIGHT GREEN engine paint and i put it on my alumum gokart
flakes off within a few months
moral of story put the right paint on what the can says it's for
oh i dident put the paint on the engine i put it on the front of the kart and the sides

Attachments

Last edited:

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
sorry marsrover ,dont take this personal. But that has to be the ugliest paint job and color combination known to man !! LOL Im still laughing at the look of it . haha sorry man :) :)

@ Toker, that bike is bad to the bone. Now sell it before that paint peels :)

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
I rode it again this morning and I got the three speed hub hooked up so now the wheels match. I think she's a keeper. As far as the paint on the motor I used a engine paint primer and an engine paint so maybe everything will work out.It may be "bad to the bone but its slower than shiatee" . 20 inch wheels change everything. It is fun to climb around the yard and slow tourgue stuff. .shft.