the silver bike

GoldenMotor.com

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio

update on the jack shaft shifter bike. now that the weather is better i've put a few miles on it. the shimano 3 speed hub is holding up with no problems. it rides great and the extra gears make it a joy to ride. the motor is running better all the time, only problem i've had was after the engine got broke in it started running poorly once it got up to temp, after some head scratching tracked it down to the exhaust valve being to tight. readjusted the valves and it's back to running great. now that i'm confident the 3sp hubs will hold up were building another with a sram i motion hub. will post pics of it soon.

michaelgrav

Sep 14, 2009
sf bay area
I also use the shimano 3 speed hub, the Shimano 3 speed uses a rod direct to the hub to change gears but be careful of chain pulled or even the Shimano 7 speed which uses a cable to change gears with the interplanatary hubs. I tried to replace my Shimano with a 5 speed Sturmy Archer.. Most those chain or cable pulled hubs will not work with our motors! I wasted $150 and alot of time and ended up returning to the Shimano-Nexus 3 speed.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Is the tank shift operational?

A lil awkward during a turn - I thought about it fer my build... still thinkin' about it actually lol Lights - whadda powerin' the lights with, lighting coil on the 4stroke? Chargin' a battery w/it?

Beautiful build BTW (^)

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
yeah the tank shifter works the gears, it is a little awkward untill you get used to it. the lights run off a dynamo 6v front hub, i have it wired into a kids power wheels 6v battery thats under the engine cowling. this is the bike i built for the biker build off, but i was under 2 ft of snow all winter and only just recently got to start riding it.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Is it the 6v Sturmey dynamo? I've got that one on my Rollfast - but I've not run it yet. I haven't looked into charging a batt w/it really, how's that workin' out fer ya? Any tips?

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
Is it the 6v Sturmey dynamo? I've got that one on my Rollfast - but I've not run it yet. I haven't looked into charging a batt w/it really, how's that workin' out fer ya? Any tips?
yeah thats it. i got the one with the drum brake in it. so far it's working, i have it wired through a switch that i sometimes forget to turn on.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Yeah, the X-FDD - that's the one I've got too, noice! Fer purely selfish reasons I hope it works out well for ya w/the batt ;)

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
no man , didn,t you say a long while back , there was something on the bike that had to do with pinky and the brain ? kinda hidden in plain sight like the THX plate .

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
at the start of each show brain is making plans on a white board to take over the world. it says. plan # THX1138 at the top of the board. alot of thx1138 stuff hidden in star wars movies too. all of georges movies have thx1138 in them somewhere. it's become an inside joke for the entertainment industry. alot of stuff not even made by george have it now, movies and album (i guess i should say CD covers) have it. giving my age away there.

ryanstoyz

Mar 28, 2010
colorado
I love the build and went looking at your web page I would love to get more info and pics of the fbomb. My next build is going to be close to that I want to mimc a 1928 indian scout since I can't afford the real thing. I would love to get more information on it.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
I love the build and went looking at your web page I would love to get more info and pics of the fbomb. My next build is going to be close to that I want to mimc a 1928 indian scout since I can't afford the real thing. I would love to get more information on it.
that bike was sold about a year ago and i don't think we have any more pics of it. it was built from a 70's english robin hood bike with a tube welded in, custom built tank and made the forks wider with a loop brace added to them. on our site in the racing vid the guy in the white helmet is riding it. it has the felt 2.125 tires. jet 80 motor and fenders from a cruiser bike.

CoConutXpress

Apr 7, 2010
Hawaii
That bike is really cool! It\'s almost furturistic, but it seems to be very mordern also. I bet that shifter is fun, never used one but I would think, after some practice, it would be fun.

Thanks,
CoConutXpress