Fresh off the four wheels: Asian Rider

GoldenMotor.com

kitesrfun1

Jun 12, 2013
california
Howdy, I'm new to the two wheel scene and enjoying it like crack. With little experience and knowledge I have to motorized bikes, I'm practically finished with my Btr inspired ride.

Build thread to come.

-kites
Please feel free to critique good or bad!

pino.

Attachments

kitesrfun1

Jun 12, 2013
california
Thanks so much! The tank was custom from a guy on ebay. It still needs a lot of work, especially cosmetically with the paint job. I've also been having issues with my spring chain tensioner :(

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Nice bike! Looks good blacked out.
There is alot of discussion on chain tensioners. I cannot provide a link, but if you are not against the idea of removing it, you should search it. I removed mine and have been happy like that.

kitesrfun1

Jun 12, 2013
california
Hey thanks Trey, I bolted the tensioner bracket to my frame and so far it's been good. Anyone know of inexpensive but decent brakes for our motor purposes? Right now I've got a V brake on my front wheel and it squeals and shreds the stoppers when I try to stop. Does my bike look like I can put a disc break on it? Any suggestions?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Hey thanks Trey, I bolted the tensioner bracket to my frame and so far it's been good. Anyone know of inexpensive but decent brakes for our motor purposes? Right now I've got a V brake on my front wheel and it squeals and shreds the stoppers when I try to stop. Does my bike look like I can put a disc break on it? Any suggestions?
Buy a new set of brake pads. It makes a HUGE difference from old, hard stockers.
Kool Stop is one brand off the top of my head, but any new pad will revive your brakes.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Great look'n ride!!

Looks like your rim is painted where the brake pads rub......mine started that way and also ate pads like a fat lady at the buffet. I took a palm sander with fine grit sandpaper and took all the paint off where the pads rub. Made a world of difference even with the 'cheap' pads.

I also upgraded pads. You also want to 'toe-in' your pads slightly like this......./^\.....the arrow is the wheel rotation. This will also help.

Good luck with the rest of your project!

kitesrfun1

Jun 12, 2013
california
So my bikes at a shop and they've told me that my back rim needs to be switched out. Is that the reason why my chain keeps popping off? started electrical work with motorcycle head light, break light, and front and rear tail lights. Also, heres some pics of my saddlebags.

Attachments