Heat shields and exhaust questions

GoldenMotor.com

cdavid67

Apr 4, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA.
Hello all,

I spent some time researching these topics before I decided to start this thread. As you may know, I am still gathering parts for my build before I start assembly.

My 1st question is: Can you remove the heat shields and goofy plastic covers from the HS 49cc engine without causing problems?

2nd: My engine came with a lawnmower looking exhaust and no pipe in the Grubee kit. Is this normal? I ordered an exhaust pipe from AGK so I don't want the stock pipe. Just curious more than anything. I guess I just need to unbolt the stock muffler looking box and throw it out?

Thank you.
cdavid

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Welcome to the forum (^) Yes you can remove shields and shrouds but it isn't recommended. As long as you're moving while the engine is running, over heating shouldn't be much of a problem.

No pipe in the Grubee kit? There should have been one but not to worry if you're gonna use an AGK exhaust for your build. Yes, just unbolt the stock muff and the AGK will bolt right on (use the stock exhaust gasket).

Have fun with your build and let us see some pics!

dnut

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
My kit didnt come with a exhaust pipe ether, just the ugly can. and i removed all my shrouding, and made a coffee can shroud for the flywheel following silverbears tutorial.