LOL boygoesfast fuel boost

GoldenMotor.com

CranbrookKid

Jul 14, 2013
Western MA
Here is one of many boygoesfast's shenanigans. I still haven't stopped laughing hahahehe. According to the ebay listing it "lets the fuel consume efficiency and save fuel." This is too rich!!!

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
appears similar to a boost bottle fitting - never seen a boost bottle do much on any engine without reed valves (tho they might also work with a rotary valve)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
They'll sell though. Just add the words, 'speed', 'race', 'high performance' or 'boost' and there'll be those who'll fall for it. You just have to let them, and laugh.

The only thing that would make it better is if it was made of billet. That's a sure fire way to sell anything.

Tom

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
yup... or just slap on a "type R" sticker on it or one with anything that says "racing" "boost" "speed" etc and it'll sell like hotcakes... Then we get to answer all those questions how to install it, how to tune it, "why isn't my bike running as good as it used to?" along with some nice carnage pics of pistons with dime sized holes melted into the crowns...

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yep... this is an object I commented on here a good while back when I seen it on BGF ebay listings, I also believe that most likely it is a controllable air leak that will lean the mix.

this very same thing could be easily done with a small flow control valve like is used inline for a small air cylinder, for someone who knows what they're doing it could work just fineand be used safely on the engine to fine tune it, but if someone didn't know what they are doing it would be e recipe for disaster......!

I know I know.... not the coreect way to be getting the ratio leaner on an engine but it could be done with an adjustable valve witha a small filter on the inlet end to keep dirt out.

I person could be running along with 4 stroking at cruise speeds and then having the valve in an easy to reach location just open it slightly until the 4 stroking just went away and then just maintain that speed, open it to much though and you would cook the engine in a short time.

I have actually just for kicks thought about rigging a setup like this up on one of my bikes and use a stock NT carb with the stock size jet in it that we all know is to big and just see what kind of performance I could get with a controlled air leak that I could keep controlled in the safe range that would give a lean run condition.

Map

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
oh crap, I'm old : (

I now recall the old solex carbs with the lever on the side that richened the main jet for climbing long grades.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Oh boy. The piston sellers are going to love these ideas. It reminds me a posts I've read where the guy cranks down on his fuel petcock and tells how great his engine runs. They're usually the ones you see posting back asking why their engines have lost power they once had. Lean 'em out guys. They'll scream! (for a little while):)

No offence, Shan. I know you'd know how to control it so as not to cause damage. Actually the idea isn't new. Aircraft with recip engines and carburetors have had external mixture controls for decades.

Tom

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Oh boy. The piston sellers are going to love these ideas. It reminds me a posts I've read where the guy cranks down on his fuel petcock and tells how great his engine runs. They're usually the ones you see posting back asking why their engines have lost power they once had. Lean 'em out guys. They'll scream! (for a little while):)

No offence, Shan. I know you'd know how to control it so as not to cause damage. Actually the idea isn't new. Aircraft with recip engines and carburetors have had external mixture controls for decades.

Tom
No offense taken at all Tom, I expected some remarks toward my last post, and I am by no means encouraging anyone to give this a try unless they can afford a new engine or they know what they are doing.

Tillotson carbs on some of the racing go karts that run the GX200 Honda engines and there clones have remote adjusters so that the driver can richen or lean the mix while they're racing, so yeah the idea is nothing new but like you said for the novice that doesn't understand what is going on, a fairly quick melt down of the engine could and will be likely.

My idea initially when I had considered rigging one of mine up with this set up was that I would use a small intake tube like a small fuel line that is used on chiansaws and weed wackers, jet my carb to run correctly with the valve completely open with as much air being pulled through it as possible and then having the option to richen the mix just below the point of 4 stroking when I'm making long runs at close to wide open throttle so I would be getting as rich of a fuel/oil mix into the engine as possible just outside of power loss from 4 stroking.

My thinking has been that this would allow maximum lubrication and cooling in those higher RPM's for the long runs I make when I ride into town.

I figured I'd have to experiment a little with finding the right ID tubing to use so that I would not have to have to large of a main jet in the carb to make it work with the small valve in the open position.

Just a thought and if the Lord's willing and the creek don't rise, maybe at some point I'll get the time to tinker with this idea and see what I can get done with it and if it could be used as I'm thinking it might be.

Map
.bf.

Last edited: