Motorcycle Speedometer

GoldenMotor.com

mercadion

Dec 4, 2014
New Mexico
While Ill admit the most Ive spent is about 200 on a computer, I have gone through 8 without finding one that I truly like. Either glare gets in the way, takes too long to pick up speed differences (gps models), insufficient lighting at night, yada yada (yes Im a little picky lol). I can accelerate very quickly, and top out at over 50, being in a small town the local 5-0 and I have an understanding that so long as I follow motorcycle laws theyll leave me alone (yes I have a cycle license). 4 have thoroughly ran the bike themselves to see that it can handle the speed and the braking. Every one of them had the same complaint, they knew they were going faster than the speedos kept up.

So, I was wondering if anyone has played with old harley or honda mechanical speedos for our bikes. They are based off 16" rims, so they should only be a mile or so off at 40mph. The part Im wondering about is hub adaptation. Anyone try it?

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
I just use a phone strapped to a handlebar mount as a GPS speedo. Its cheap and it works well enough to give me a pretty good idea. I'm only going 32 tops, but I've never had a problem with accuracy or with it picking up changes in speed. Works much better than computers that can pick up rf interference from the ignition.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
The app I have in my phone works excellent. I bought a handlebar phone mount on eBay and the whole set up is great. The app even has an HUD more for the car that blows me away with clarity and accuracy. In HUD mode I just set it on the dash and it puts the speed perfectly on the windshield and I can see how well it matches the car speedo. I can't seem to copy it over but there is a pic of it on my bike in my album on here.