Have Ammo Will Travel

GoldenMotor.com

floridaboy

Apr 25, 2009
Hudson, FL.
I have been looking for a rack for the back of my new Electra. After looking i could not find what i wanted. I thought it would be nice to have storage and be able to lock it. The pictures will show how i solved the problem. I used a 50 cal. ammo box 6 ft. of 1inch by 3/16 cold rolled steel some 1/4 inch bolts and a peice of alum.to make a clamp for the seat stand. Total time about 3 hrs. Tools needed a vice,saw and torches to heat metal to made bends. If a person wanted more storage you could add a 30 cal. ammo box to each side with some stand offs. I am well pleased with how it came out and hope this will help others.

Attachments

floridaboy

Apr 25, 2009
Hudson, FL.
Finfan:
I would have done my rack sooner if i had saw yours. I think useing the ammo cans is the way to go. Like i said you could use spacers an add two 30 cal. ammo cans to the sides if more room is needed. Ice and beer in the 50cal. and snack food in the other ones. Just kidding but there is alot of possibilltys.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I have managed to fit more spare parts and tools in mine than a person would think possible. I had to pedal it about 8 miles once when I broke a chain and swore I would never get caught short again.