Hello Everyone

GoldenMotor.com

paulclawson3

Feb 12, 2012
Troy, Michigan
Hello everyone I am new to these forums. I am a noob, and have 0 knowledge of motorized bikes. Would it be ok to drive these in winter? Also I was wondering what is a good kit, bike, engine? Looking at Honda GX 35.

takeitez

Dec 19, 2011
Clayton Missouri
Addressing your first question it kind of depends on you and your set up. You can get tires that have studs that are made for Ice and snow or you can use just really knobby tires. You are on the right track engine wise. I am guessing you want it relatively reliable (who doesn't?) knowing very little about you and your situation I can't really give any solid suggestions. No set up is perfect but there are a few that are much better then others.

Read up and ask questions. Every one is very friendly and you are in the right place :)

Good luck.

paulclawson3

Feb 12, 2012
Troy, Michigan
. No set up is perfect but there are a few that are much better then others.

Read up and ask questions. Every one is very friendly and you are in the right place
thank you takeitez, Im searching through old threads now, Im looking to save money, and not use my car everywhere. I do have a reliable gas effiecent car, but still moto biking is much more cost effective. Anyways, I'm not a fan of schwins, look for good stickys and posts and whatnot

takeitez

Dec 19, 2011
Clayton Missouri
The new schwinns are on the cheap side but the older ones are great for most Mab applications. I don't have one myself but many do. As a bit of a warning, while the 2 stroke china kits seem cheap and while the quality of the kits are, you will end up spending much more then if you get a quality kit to begin with. Some don't mind the tinkering. I Don't, but bewared I have had to stop myself from working on my china girl because I now have spent almost 1000 dollars playing with the darn thing. I love it. Lots of power but not super reliable. I have heard the saying "Cheap, Reliable, Powerful, pick any two" And I pretty much believe it. (the HF motors might be an exception but I have not personally experimented with them)