New to motorized bicycling!

GoldenMotor.com

sdjoe86

Oct 14, 2011
SanDiegoCalifornia
Hey what's up fellas. I have been into bikes in general for a while now, but it was not until a month ago that I finally decided to build/assemble myself a motorized bicycle. I have been lurking on here for some weeks now gathering info and ideas and I feel that I am ready to start gathering some parts. So far I have ordered a sprocket adapter kit, Some new bars and reverse levers )so that I can hide as many cables as possible), a set of nice steel heavy duty wheels with a drum front brake. I also have a monark springer fork laying around that I have been dying to use, depending on what bike I decide to go with i might be using it.

Since I will be using my MB for commuting to and from school and really a cruise here and there, I have decided that it it would be best for me to go the cheaper route and order a china engine 2 stroke kit. I have 2 bikes that I am considering using but that I can't just make my mind up on. I want to keep things as simple and streamline as possible. Here are the pics of my two candidates, any feedback or info would be great! thanks guys.

First bike is a 1937 CWC Roadmaster, the second bike is a 1966 Schwinn Collegiate

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Re: New to MB'ing!

Welcome to the forum from a fellow San Diegan (^) The sky is the limit, either of your bikes will make a nice motorized build.....just do it!

You can 4-stroke for nearly as cheap as a 2-stroke these days. Have fun with your build and we'll see you on a local ride hopefully!

dnut

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO

First off, welcome to the forum; lots of good guys here willing to help. I like both the bikes that you have chosen for a project. If it were me building one of them, then I'd go with the pre-war CWC with a 2 stroke. If your new to the hobby/sport then I recommend mastering a 2 stroke first, before graduating and moving on to a 4 stroke. :) Keep the pics coming

sdjoe86

Oct 14, 2011
SanDiegoCalifornia

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, I really appreciate it. I think I am going to go with my Roadmaster, using my monark fork because the current fork has a slint bend.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, I really appreciate it. I think I am going to go with my Roadmaster, using my monark fork because the current fork has a slint bend.
The monarch forks can fail when they are used on a
motorized bike if they aren't reinforced.
Try a Google search for some info.

Put motors on both bikes. :D