Hello motorized bicycle!! New rider from Tucson

GoldenMotor.com

AzToker

Feb 28, 2010
Too Stoned, Az
Hello MB folks. My name is Todd, I am from tucson arizona. I am very new to the motorized bicycles. Just picked up a trike from spooky tooth cycles. Took a few months to save the money but i got it! Anyhow I am already wanting to upgrade some parts and plan out my first build for the summer. Gotta say this site got alot of info. I used to work on cars as a hobby but changed things up n now into mb's. So wrenching isnt a problem, finding some parts are lol. First upgrade is triple tree front forks with disc brakes to get rid of the c clamp style brakes.

Has anyone bough parts from chopperdome? I noticed they have the nirve front chopper fork with disk brake tabs. They got quite bit of parts along with bunch of triple tree forks. Just nervous to order parts overseas.

Any advice on parts stores would be super great.

Also like to meet some tucson riders. Saw the deathrace youtube video, Can't wait for the next one!!!

Will upload some pics when i find my camera! Again Awesome forum!

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Re: Hello MB!! New rider from Tucson

Welcome AZToker to the world Of Motorized Bicycles. I too am from Tucson and am fairly new to MB as well. I have learned so much from everyone on this site and i know you will too.

If you didnt know Vantics is a MB shop here in Tucson

VANTICS, Inc.
2025 W Ruthrauff Rd. Suite 125
Tucson, AZ 85705
USA
520-777-0924
[email protected]

They have all kinds of parts at their shop and can also order pretty much any part you need im pretty sure. They also have done a bunch of trikes as well and im sure if you go in and talk to ed or bill you will learn alot. Check out their site and photo gallery to see some of the trikes. USABikeMotors, Your source for Grubee StarFire Bike Motor Kits, Parts, Service

Hope this helps. If you have any Questions. Just ask!!!

Later AzToker

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az

welcome vantics is building my trike as we speak yeah is a regular bike with a trike convertion go check out their web site they have post it some pictures of the progress they have done so far

AzToker

Feb 28, 2010
Too Stoned, Az

Wow. Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
Tcams, Thanks for that info. Didnt know we had a shop locally.
City, I have the regualr bike with the trike kit added on. It is great beside the turning, have to lean in n go slow lol.
Been having a great time riding it to work n home the last few days. But i was pulled over today on my way back. The cop was a real cool guy, He was asking why i didnt have any lights or tail lights n all. He did ask for the proof of ownership and i told him i havent gotten it from the bike shop yet. He let that slide. But also proceed to leacture me about needing to get a moped lic with plates. I was only doing 14 mph and pedaling away. I might have to look into get a lic for it cuz i really don't feel like getting harrsed.I only gotten this bike to help me get to work n home since i don't always want to walk heh. How do i go about getting the paperwork/ title for this? I am also hearing they will take the bike if i cant prove ownership and they wont take the paperwork to get it back? I already scared they will take my bike next time, i paid good money for it.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

Wow. Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
Tcams, Thanks for that info. Didnt know we had a shop locally.
City, I have the regualr bike with the trike kit added on. It is great beside the turning, have to lean in n go slow lol.
Been having a great time riding it to work n home the last few days. But i was pulled over today on my way back. The cop was a real cool guy, He was asking why i didnt have any lights or tail lights n all. He did ask for the proof of ownership and i told him i havent gotten it from the bike shop yet. He let that slide. But also proceed to leacture me about needing to get a moped lic with plates. I was only doing 14 mph and pedaling away. I might have to look into get a lic for it cuz i really don't feel like getting harrsed.I only gotten this bike to help me get to work n home since i don't always want to walk heh. How do i go about getting the paperwork/ title for this? I am also hearing they will take the bike if i cant prove ownership and they wont take the paperwork to get it back? I already scared they will take my bike next time, i paid good money for it.
You do not need to register it as a moped, this cop does not know the law. Print this out and carry it with you.

Link....... http://dot.ci.tucson.az.us/bicycle/pdfs/moto_bikes.pdf

We are having a problem with the local law enforcement impounding bikes for no proof of ownership. We are trying to get this worked out, it's the TPD way of getting us off the road.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

welcome vantics is building my trike as we speak yeah is a regular bike with a trike convertion go check out their web site they have post it some pictures of the progress they have done so far
I was there today City of Angles and saw your trike, it's gonna be a sweet ride!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX

Welcome to the forum. I have seen Tucson spelled many ways on this forum, but yours is the funniest.
I was a hot rodder myself. The car projects took too much time and money as life went on. Wrenching and customizing these motor bikes suits me better.

kbot6789

Feb 26, 2010
sahurita arizona

here is what you do to register it :D in arizona you only need a bill of sale hehwe for a moped hee hee anyways take it to the dmv after ytou get your lights inspection your done :D no tittle needed and since you got it from sppky go back tell him your gonna register that 66 cc he will change it to reciept to say 49cc :D done deal