Integrated motor mount and jack shaft

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I see I am not the only one that put my engine on the centerline on the OCC. That jack shaft set up looks real similar to mine. I used Chromoly tubing and the 5/8 x 1 3/8 bearings.
Retmachinist,
Just wondering why you didn't go multi speed. That was the object of my project. I monitor all your posts. You do some good work, but then I'm used to being around machinist and toolies!

Last edited:

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Bandito,
I bought the bearings and shaft on line ($40), the bearing sleeve is 1-1/4" black iron. The pedels freewheel. The motor also freewheels with the clutch engaged, because I was going to pull start only. Now I think I'll weld the motor freewheel so I can also bump start also.

Last edited:

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Sheepdog31,
FYI, I know your new, note the date of the thread, upper left above the user name. Original post was OCT, 09. No big deal, normally oldies are for info, you may not get a reply, just so you know. Still good info.

R/ Mac

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Wow that is not what I had envisioned. I have built a motorized 3 wheeler but didn't look anythin like that.
What kind of speed are you looking for, to figure the gear ratio. How many teeth do you have on the rear sprocket. After my last PM to you I wasn't sure what you had decided. What is the circumfrence of the rear wheels?

Russell/James65

sheepdog31

Apr 28, 2009
Clearwater, fl
Wow that is not what I had envisioned. I have built a motorized 3 wheeler but didn't look anythin like that.
What kind of speed are you looking for, to figure the gear ratio. How many teeth do you have on the rear sprocket. After my last PM to you I wasn't sure what you had decided. What is the circumfrence of the rear wheels?

Russell/James65
speed 25 to 35
sprocket teeth-22
wheels 20 inch but want to go to 26 to get it higher off the ground
Thanks for your response.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Sorry sheepdog,
Guess I was talking to the wrong person. The kit your looking at is the most popular with a good track record.

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I have a bunch of jack shaft parts sitting around doing nothing. I have a complete New 3/4" kit (keyed shaft and keys,hangers,bearings,sprockets), I also have some extra freewheels and freewheel adapters.
PM me if your interested need them.
Cheers
Chainmaker

sheepdog31

Apr 28, 2009
Clearwater, fl
do you happen to have any plans for it? :)
I got a shifter kit from sickbikeparts.com and it came with directions. attached is the photo of the remodeled or welded change to this 3 wheeler and I have received the shifter kit with a jack shaft and free wheeler included but however the standard shift kit did not include the bearings and races for the new bottom rack crank set. I had to spend another 25 bucks for that item. a little dissappointed in that. I have the jack shaft installed and waiting on the bearings and races. also have the motor mounted. Because of this bikes unusual design I was able to mount the jack shaft on the second post and not on the first as a rear motor mount, got lucky there.

Attachments