Simple request

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
part of the fun with this site is seeing where everyone is from. we have people from all over the world. if you have a moment and have not done so already take a moment and click on your user cp above and put where you are from. this is not mandatory but would be nice to see and you may also find another member from the same area that you can cruise on your motorized bicycle with.
:ride2:

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
The best thing about a hangover is how great you feel 2-3 days after it!!

(and how little you desire to drink for the next....I dunno...3-4 years?)

Back on topic - I love to read where folks are from and it seems like so many leave the space blank.....

cityevader

May 11, 2008
Santa Cruiz, CA
Okay okay!!!!
I recently modified my profile after a couple weeks of browsing to make sure i really want to be a part of this forum. As a form of exchanging vows or something, in order to really show I've committed myself, I've given not only my location, but also a personal avatar. Till death to us part, you now have to put up with me for good!

zebratruck

May 26, 2008
Pittsburgh, Pa.
I'm a newbie from Pittsburgh, Pa. and work at the local bike shop. I'm sure the ribbing will be non stop when I roll up on a bike with a motor on it! But, I'm the chubby head mechanic so that's my excuse ;) What I lack in pedalling prowess I make up for with my wheel building magic.

huckersteve

May 20, 2008
Seattle
www.gohuckyourself.com
I'm a newbie from Pittsburgh, Pa. and work at the local bike shop. I'm sure the ribbing will be non stop when I roll up on a bike with a motor on it! But, I'm the chubby head mechanic so that's my excuse ;) What I lack in pedalling prowess I make up for with my wheel building magic.
I too am a bike shop tech, and indeed got some guff from the boys for a few days. They mellowed out pretty quickly though once they RODE my bike- and after the 50th or so customer exclaimed "What the heck is that thing? It's awesome!"

The dang things are infectiously fun and people can't resist them! Especially when they look as good as mine! ;)

zebratruck

May 26, 2008
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Well I think I'm sold now. I just finally got a DSL line for my computer and looked on you tube for any video's of bikes with the motor. WOW! That did it, gotta have one! Those things really cook right along!

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
I live in Connecticut now but am from the South. Too old and too scared to drive any more, so I'm thinking about a motorized bicycle to go to the grocery store a mile away, but todays drivers scare the bejesus out of me, so I have some concern that an old fart on a bicycle is a moving target - What do I want to avoid and any common mistakes people make??? Walter F.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Hey Walter welcome to the forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here of all ages. Are you going to assemble your own bike or buy one already put together? Glad you joined us......................

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Howdy; I plan to buy a bike and a kit and do it myself. I used to build drag racers so I think I can handle it judging by the few kits I've seen. Wal-Mart has 26" Huffy bikes for $79.00 / Kits seem to be in $200.00 range, so for $300.00 and a tea-cup full gas I'm off!!
If only it was that easy I'd like to avoid any common mistakes people make. so I'd like to kknow of any anyone has made Walter F.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
The bikes that have the easiest installation are the the v shape frames with normal sized tubing. The enlarged tubes and odd shaped tubes can be done but require more work. Lots of pictures in the picture section of things people have done. As far as engine kits Dax here on the forum comes highly recommended. He has a good reputation for service after the sale. Lots of folks here more than happy to help. So don't be afraid to ask any questions. We are all here to help one another................................

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
I live in Connecticut and am new to this chat room stuff, most of us old farts are not too computer literate, so let me know if I get this right Walter F. (here goes)

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
nice part is we are all in the same boat walter. average age of the forum is 40 and over most past the half century mark like me lol. shoot they were just making calculators when we were kids. its fun and dont worry about mistakes or anything else. we are all learning as we go

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
(c)(c)I have some concerns about todays crazy drivers and getting run over, but I have concers about the angiogram I have to get this month, I guess we all need to quit worring about the future and find out where the edge of the cliff is like we did in our youth.
Anybody know any thing about zoombicycles.com in Canada. They have a nice looking set-up for a little over $200??? Walter F,(c)(c)

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Man do I agree with "If it ain't broke..." especially when it comes to Chinese items made of steel, or whatever they call the crap they make nuts & bolts out of, The Japs exported better stuff after WWII and their stuff was made from debis.

New question- can most kits be mounted to a 24" bike, closer to the ground less distance to fall. I think I would like the finished bike to look like a "Bobber" motorcycle, no fenders, springer fork, front disc brake (brakes are a good thing), the 24" lends itself to this look I think, Walter F<(c)

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
the 24" will be slower but if thier is room for the motor it will do just fine. deacon has made a few 24" motorized bicycles