E-Li is born!

GoldenMotor.com

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
After a year of needing LI-Ion's ( or any other lithium chemistry) I finally got'em! Went on a 7 mile loop and difference is more than I expected! When I took of I noticed I couldn't down shift lower than 4th of seven. Time was short so I went anyway. I didn't need them! Pulls right up the NH hills with no trouble! Did pedal assist, mind you, but nothing like before. It was short trip so I only took the Li-Ion pack. It felt like I had no battery pack at all! There is not even enough weight to it to hold itself down on the sprung terminals! And as much power as 2 packs! The Li-Ion pack is 24v 20ah vs SLA pack is 24v 10ah! I should easily be able to go 20 mi on hilly terrain on that pack. 30 mi with the SLA on the other side. I've rigged it so I can have 4 batteries in the basket for another 24v 20ah. (I cost me 2 controllers in the process. LOL Lesson learned: Don't turn these jumpers (pic 1) in to pig tails. It reverses the colors!) For a total of 50 mi! On flats in perfect test conditions 75 - 100 mi range!
dance1

Oh, almost forgot, the reason for the name E-Li is the Li-Ion battery pack and it an E-Zip and is NY Giants blue. I live in the heart of Patriot's country and I'm form St. Louis area, so naturally I hate the Patriot's. After the Giants beat the Patriot's I jumped on that band wagon! Therefore E-Li is a perfect name!
.brnot

My camera is on the fritz. But have some pics I took for my long term goal of Fitting a DAX on E-Li. The motor is just sitting there for mock up. I'm a long long way off from doing it.

.wee.

Attachments

huckersteve

May 20, 2008
Seattle
www.gohuckyourself.com
I need to get my electric back on the road!

Let us know how the Li-ion holds up over the next 10 0r 20 charge cycles please. I have heard of them not staying as strong as we hoped they would, but i hope that's not accurate anymore!

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
I need to get my electric back on the road!

Let us know how the Li-ion holds up over the next 10 0r 20 charge cycles please. I have heard of them not staying as strong as we hoped they would, but i hope that's not accurate anymore!
I think the cells are bigger now may have a lot to do that. I not an expert. I was shopping around for like a year the best quality for the buck I found was HighTekBikes - Electric Bikes and Motor Kits contact Terry to compare.