my bike was stolen!

GoldenMotor.com

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
my bike was stolen today after school, someone wanted to have me build one and asked for a test drive... i know very stupid mistake. luckily, he drove right past the school and one of the school cops recognized him. at midnight, it is officially a theft because i let him use it and if i don't get it back then they go bust down that @$$hole's door and lock him up. i am really worried that he will sell it or break it before then. what else can i do? if i get it back broken, what can i do? i have a feeling that his mother can't pay for it...

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
LOL you're lucky, you know who stole it and even if you get it back broken you're better off than most bike thefts.

Some junkie Bike thieves In New Orleans, cut the cable and stole my first build, an awesome chromed out Huffy/Chinagirl, outta the back of my truck. I was sleeping in my room not 20 feet away. I was all PTSD over it for a while, and now I still lock the sheet outta everything LOL

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
Hope you get it back and in the same shape it was taken in
If i'm not riding mine its behind locked doors and guarded by a dog
and noone but me rides it

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
The police officer that recognized him went to his house and the punk said that he gave it to one of my friends. It might be that someone recognized my bike, most likely he's full of ****. The other option to take care of it is to beat the info out of him, but I would need to find out his name and info from the police.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Sry to hear the bad news.
and sry to say I'm now old and conservative...
IMO, NOT worth it to pick up a battery charge over a chinagirl.
They are a cheap date.
I would go to police station every single day and ask if my bicycle has been recovered.
Be nice about it, but be there.
Every single day...

Good luck to you
rc

I hope you have learned.
No free rides, no test rides.
No guarantees.
Cash money on the barrelhead.

kolomootro

May 24, 2011
ohio
that really sucks!maybe look at craigslist to see if anyones selling it?
i dont think anyone would wanna steal mine becuase they see me breaking down all the time lol.

cam420

Apr 26, 2012
fredericksburg, va
next time, or if you get your bike back, register it with the dmv and etch your name in the bottom tube so regular people cant see it. that way if you see it on the street or have to id it, you can say yes its registered with the dmv and has XXXXX marks on the bottom tube. if i was under 18 id beat the sob until i felt i got my moneys worth out of him. just me saying tho. good luck.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
some wise guy stole my bike last week, the cops returned it 2 days ago. jokes on the person who took it, it didnt have its pipe mounted and the CDI was burnt out. But the guy who jacked my bike is currently getting charged with felony theft. Another good place to put your info on a bike is under the seat with an engraver, its not fool proof, but really, who looks under a seat.

ProMcCown

Mar 21, 2012
California
Sorry to hear about your motorized bicycle.

I had a non-mb stolen years ago while i was at school and while I was still on the bike lol. It was found and recovered, then shown to me. But it was in pieces and stickers/ serial numbers were scratched off like the people had a bicycle chop shop going on lol. The guy whole stole the bike from me was also caught and had to pay for a new bike because my bike was unrideable. So in the end I came out with a new bike :D It was later stolen from the back of my house and with no witnesses the bike was gone forever.

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
i don't think there's much chance getting it back, ghetto thieves like him sell it quick. unless he wanted to keep it. if he did, then at some point he will put regular gas in it and blow the engine so i can beat a few bucks out of him. if its gone, then i will sue his balls off. a new specialized rockhopper is at least $400. $200 for the kit, plus about $220 in SBP hop ups. Then i had had at least 25 hours working on it, at minimum wage that is $218. total is $1038. looks like he's getting a summer job to pay mom back lol.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
So sorry that some ****** made off with your bike!

Have you brought the cops into it? If you know who it is, and have a witness (the school guard), then surely the police would look into it. Or have they already done it and not found the bike?

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
That's right. I have the cops looking into it. It was a cop that recognized him. They didn't search his place, and he hasn't come to school in the past few days. Including his ACT test. I have an acquaintance that will ask him about buying the bike to find out if he still has it.

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
I live one hour away from chicago. So I know how cops and people are around here. You better off taking matters into your own hands. But that can also be trouble for you. He will get his sonner or later. Good luck

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
Got my bike back! It not in too bad condition. The air filter is missing and I think some dirt got sucked in because we've been having wet weather lately. I will take apart the manifold and carb to see how much dirt is in it. And the gas tank is leaking a ton. He says he put some gas in it, and he said he put oil in it. I guess he's not a total dumba$$$. He claims that he wasn't trying to steal it, but I think he just got scared about going to jail. I need him to pay about $50 for the tank, air filter, and the spark plug boot. And something is wrong with the throttle, its hard to pull and feels gritty. If he pays for the damage, then I will think about not pressing charges. Also, he put regular gas in it so the engine might be damaged.