Frame Size??

GoldenMotor.com

scab101

Jun 9, 2011
Australia
I am new to mb's and I am wanting to build my first bike, and i have been looking at motors ect. but i cant seem to find anything on the frame size required. I have a 19" frame and was wondering if a motor would fit??
I was also wondering if it is worth buying a jackshaft kit aswell??
any help would be appreciated Thanks :)

benutne

Apr 22, 2011
Spfd
Do what I did. Grab a caliper from a friend or go out and buy one. Then measure your tubes (Seat post, down tube, and cross tube). Its likely your bike will work just fine. If you have an oversized bike like mine (1.75" down tube) then SPB sells a mount to help with that.

Santa_cruz_loc

Jan 15, 2010
Santa Cruz, CA.
You want to have at least 15" of clearance from your peddles to your top bar. The width of your tubes are not as important, there is plenty of after market mounts available.

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
When you say a 19" frame are you talking about using a 20" BMX style frame? What bike frame are you using? it would help us to give you answers if we knew a little more about what you are working with. The more information you present us the more accurate the answers can be. I'm not trying to be a wise a$$ just trying to help. I know for a fact that there are a few 20" BMX frames that a motor will fit in; With a little tweaking. I'll post pics of mine soon.