Southernsurfer's Schwinn Jaguar build ~ South FL

GoldenMotor.com

Southernsurfer

Oct 3, 2009
Florida
I purchased this cruiser originally as just a means to travel back and forth to the beach (pedal power).
Then I found this forum and well it's all history from there~

Fantastic site/forum, both members and vendors and to you all I would like to say Hello :)

Platform:
Schwinn Jaguar 7-speed beach cruiser

Grubee, Skyhawk GT5 66cc (Pirate Cycles)
Deluxe HD Shifter Kit II (Sick Bike Parts)
Expansion Chamber (" ")
Performance Air Filter & Spark plug wire
Upgraded Shimano Rear Derailleur
Cloud 9 Cruiser Gel Seat & Laid Back Seat-Post
Ziegler Aluminum Rear Rack & Nav Lights
Greenfield Rear Kick Stand
5X Thorn Resistant Slime Front & Rear tubes w/Slime Urethane liners

Last edited:

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Nice one Souther Man,
I see you banged out the jackshaft after all.
Im proud of you Grasshopper!
Justin

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Very nice build. Congratulations.
The Jaguar is a good foundation for a motorized bicycle. It rides good as a pedal bike but add a strong engine and you have a sweet ride. I'd like to see what you did to address the front mount. The Jag requires a special one and everyone has their own ideas of the best way. Thanks for sharing the photos. Now, what are you going to do for an encore?
Tom

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
that is a nice clean build.I am a newbie too, and thanks to this site I was able to build two really nice and smooth running bikes. A cruiser and a old school lowrider. I wish I had found this site before my first build, I'll tell you what my second build was alot more custom, but still alot easier with the knowledge that can be learned here. I have been still trying to figure out how I would change the plug wire. All I can see is that this one the boot only unscrews, and I can't find just a booy, only a whole plug wire and boot together, any tips anyone

Southernsurfer

Oct 3, 2009
Florida
I'd like to see what you did to address the front mount. The Jag requires a special one and everyone has their own ideas of the best way.

Thanks for sharing the photos. Now, what are you going to do for an encore?
As for the front mount, I used a piece of 1" X 1" steel stock ( I copied the idea from member stults customs)

As for an encore........... Well I've been toying with the idea on how to convert this :)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
As for the front mount, I used a piece of 1" X 1" steel stock ( I copied the idea from member stults customs)

As for an encore........... Well I've been toying with the idea on how to convert this :)

For an encore...I'd say that would make one B**chin ride. With your skills it wouldn't be that hard. Keep us informed on your progress.
Your front mount is nice. Clean and simple and that is the way to do it. I like the vinyl caps too. Have fun, ride safe.
Tom

Southernsurfer

Oct 3, 2009
Florida
I have been still trying to figure out how I would change the plug wire. All I can see is that this one the boot only unscrews, and I can't find just a booy, only a whole plug wire and boot together, any tips anyone
w/my CDI, I just un-screwed the wire (w/boot attached) and replaced it w/a new

dance1