50cc Or The 80cc Aka 70cc??

GoldenMotor.com

RONNY_ODELL

May 27, 2008
Arab Al. (close to Huntsville Al.
HEY GUYS.... im thinking about buying another kit for my wifes soon to be bike .... would like to know the differenve (if any ) between the sizes of motors .. i now have a dax 70cc kit,,, haooy with it rite now ,,, no problems other than the normal things i have read in here (loose nuts.. ect ect ..) any way have heard the 50 has more tork than the 70 .... and the 70 is faster than the 50 .. any one here ever had both that can really tell me the difference ?? and i know the 70 cc and 80 cc kits are smaller ,,,,and to me speed isnt a big thing... going to a bigger sproket on next bike any way... i run a 36 tooth rite now and it goes about 25 or so ay half throttle.... rather get bigger for pulling hills and lsee speed .... so any advice ,,,, experince ... or even close guesses (rotfl ) will help me out ..... i think dax will be geting the order either way .... he has both and so far no problems.... but if one is better for certain things than the other and i need those things i would rather go with that size.... thax in advance guys.. this forum has been really helpful the last month or so with my kit.... :ride2:

RONNY_ODELL

May 27, 2008
Arab Al. (close to Huntsville Al.
The 50cc revs higher and is said to be smoother....the 70cc is the torquer. The 80cc is a hyped myth.
ok... how you mean revs higher? and i know that there is no such thing as 80cc.. most are 69 cc or close to that ... im 200lbs and the 70 kit i have does a fine job...but here is my plan ... going to leave the one i got like it is (i use it to go to work) i plan on getting me and wife one apiece to jus cruze the back streets here at home,,, 10 to 15 max... she is heaver than me but not alot ... going to go with 44 or 50 tooth sproket... her idea is the slower the better so .... any idea which of the 2 sizes will work for this?... i dont want the motors stalling out at slow speeds is the reason im going with bigger sprokets.... or would a even bigger sproket be better for what im planning??

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
The 50cc should be fine unless you have a lot of hills. I meant the 50cc has a higher redline than the 70...not much though.

I have a 48T sprocket for sale in the swap shop, 25 dollars shipped.