2 stroke engine

GoldenMotor.com

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
2 stroke engine UPDATE PICTURES

I got A 80/66cc jet 2 stroke engine kit from piston bikes. But it didn't come with instructions on how to put the kit on to a bike. Does anybody know where I can get instructions on how to put together my kit? Thanks .bld.

Last edited:

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
What kind of sprak plug should I get?

You want a 14mm plug with a 1/2" reach..Here is a chart.
Spark Plugs|spark plug|K6TC|A7TC|F5TC|E6TC|D8TC|Z4C

BP5HS BP6HS BP7HS, I use a BP6HS but depending on conditions you may need to go hotter or colder. The lower the number the hotter the plug. A BP5HS is hotter then the BP7HS
http://www.e3sparkplugs.com/news/hot-spark-plugs-vs-cold-spark-plugs/326

There are other good plugs but I tend to steer away from Champion, and Chinese junk, I basically use Autolite in Fords, AC in GMC and for my lawnmowers, and NGK on these engines/motorcycles. Years ago, I had a Suzuki motorcycle and tried every brand of plug I could get my hand on...AC, Autolite, Champion, Bosch, but it ran best on a NGK, whereas all other fouled too quickly.

Last edited:

gubba

Dec 29, 2008
jacksonville, florida
i find the NGK b6HS gives the best overall performence. a b5HS works very well also and is a little hotter plug i put either of these in my costomer's builds with great results
but whatever you do GET RID of the provided china plug.

stay dry
gubba

Bicycle Motor Fun

Sep 17, 2011
Warren, Michigan
I am using the NGK-B6HS as well with good results. But, could the engine performance be even better with a spark plug that has a 3/4" reach that matches the threaded hole depth in the cylinder head??? BMFdance1

vachon644

Nov 27, 2011
Quebec city, QC, Canada
Make damn sure the piston cannot hit the spark plug before pedal starting it. Also, I know NGK has "projected tip" spark plugs, they have a "P" in their names. Ex: NGK BP6HS (Projected) vs NGK B6HS (non projected). It's unclear what a projected tip spark plug does different from a standard one but I read online that projected tips last longer because they get hotter thus foul less. I would need someone to back this up though.

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
I started to put my bike kit on today, with help from a friend that has put one on before. So far we got the motor on and the back wheel done, for today. And probably going to work on it tomorrow. Hopefully it will be done tomorrow. I still got a lot to learn about these kits and how they work. Thank you everyone

gubba

Dec 29, 2008
jacksonville, florida
HOZE

the hotter the plug the farther into the chamber it goes. the NGK B5HS is one step hotter, ergo, the farther "in" it goes.
try replacing the 6 with a 5 (hotter) and see if you can tell a diference
i know guys who have got a custom plug that went in so far the piston was hitting the plug. in one case it broke the piston......lol

let us know.....

stay dry
gubba

Last edited:

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
Has anybody use this type of oil to mix with there gas ( smokeless LUCAS semi synthetic 2 cycle oil )? It comes in a 2.6 fl. oz. Or should I be using something eles. Thanks

vachon644

Nov 27, 2011
Quebec city, QC, Canada
Hi, I had this oil once when I bought my 2-stroke scooter (from the previous owner). It seemed okay and I didn't have problems with it. Though, I now use Amsoil Interceptor oil which is fine for both injection and premix. I tend to think that this LUCAS oil is better than cheap non-synthetic oil you can buy at gas stations. Just make sure it's OK for premix.

Sinistar

Dec 18, 2011
Memphis TN
thanks I'll check that out I prefer lucas. I got it running too. It was the coil wire on the stator didn't have a good solder point hot enough to give a spark. I put the rear basket up on a automotive lift and put a spark testor on the stator leads to check for spark and saw none at first. I touched where I had resoldered the wire back to the stator plates and my solder spot had come loose. I made a eyelet connector connection with a short piece of wire then off of the eyelet and put it to the top left bolt for the stator and just soldered the thin coil wire to the eyelet one. I took my bike put it on the lift hooked up the spark checker and cranked it over blue fired off hotter than ever good and healthy. Plugged in the spark plug hooked it up, fuel, choke, primer, clutch disengaged, got a roll goin on slightly let out the clutch, and it started right up I opened the choke and then realized I got to get to my house safely and make shure I don't leave for a ride without my helmet. which doesnt have a eye/face shield. I'll make one from lexan.

cheers happy holidays,
.flg.

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
Well I finally got my bike back with my kit and it is still not done..spr. The only thing that is done is the engine is on the bike. Well at least I have it back. Now I have to build it by myself. Keep you updated.

Sinistar

Dec 18, 2011
Memphis TN
ok, I'm making a CDI unit from a simple schematic I have been reading and studying the CDI info in the electrical section on this site. I apparently rode my bike too far and fried my Ignition black box. I scan a 200k ohm reading off my plug wire to black and get 2.3 ohms it should be 2.5 to 2.7 as read on a post for the stock CDI black box. I have a surplus of old electronics vcr, old stereo, and a power supply. they provided me with the necessary diodes, resistors, caps, and a scr. I have a good test meter for checking ohms, test light, some 1.5v batteries, test leads, 20 n 40 watt soldering iron, and solder. just remember the longer the commute the more abuse the CDI goes through and it's endurance is tried also. My first test CDI hasent been tested I am still getting the capacitor searched out to use.

Cheers