Hi all, from Wallaceburg Ontario

GoldenMotor.com

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
So yea, I've been posting around and have been slacking getting in here. I love this forum and the debates on the best way to do things, it always keeps you thinking. Some of you are even funny too!

So anyway, I got bit by the bug when my Dad built this:

And have since built this:

And I just bought this cheap to tinker with porting before I do my daily driver:

I'm 32 and I am an avid fan of everyone's build. I'm in Wallaceburg, and have yet to see another HT Bike down here. I shall have to remedy that.

Thanks for reading, have a good one!

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Hey.Killer.How the heck doe's the chain stay tight on the wild rig your dad built?
OOOH I see the swing-arm is mounted solid.So why the shock?

Last edited:

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
thanks man, yea the first two are 49's, the last one's an 80/66. The rear mount was having trouble with where the exhaust was mounted, and would keep breaking it off. The motor on my cruiser is off of that rear mount actually, because I got sick of fixing it. Plus the vibrations were **** on that seatpost mount(as you can imagine), it might be good for a chick, but it drove me nuts.

The motor rode freely on the rear suspension, keeping the chain the proper tension whether it was compressed or not. look closely where its mounted to the seat post, the motor "lifted" with the suspension on the rear mounts. it was just the exhaust messing everything up. I could've redone it, but I got ahold of a cheap cruiser frame($25) and went with that instead.

Yea I have a Dremel, but I don't plan on going too nuts with it, just clean the ports up, you know?

Thanks for the comments. Have a good one.

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Welcome to the forum. What part of Ontario? There's one guy in Thunder Bay I know of. I'm in northeastern Minnesota about a hundred miles inland from Duluth.
SB

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Thanks, I'm in Southwestern Ontario, northwest of Chatham, way northeast of Windsor, southwest of London. Lake St.Clair is just to the southwest of me, a 25min cruise on my bike. I've been as far as North Bay(South East of Thunder Valley) it's very beautiful in that region! Canadian Sheild FTW! :) For those who don't know, there is alot of granite bedrock exposed up there, and the highways/railways had to blast through it. That blasting left some very cool embankments along the highways. :D I wish I could ride around up there!

So I guess I'm a "Southern Canuck", my neck ain't too red though, heh heh.