help please.

GoldenMotor.com

docgonzo

Jan 30, 2009
planet earth
I have a free spirit engine I am trying to put back together,but
i need a drive wheel this one I have is toast. Where to go to find one or does someone know or have one and alternitave will be fine just a bit of help would be awesome. Thanks
.xx.

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
a little more information about the motor would be good i tried to search for it but came up empty make a few more posts and leave a pic would be a great help.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I think the Tanaka bike bug might be the same?

you could try:

Link...... Bike Bug

Drive Wheel $28.00 The Drive Wheel is another item that has been improved on design. The rubber of the drive hub simply deteriorates with age and wear. We have put a neoprene high-speed roller skate wheel (62 mm) over the aluminum drive hub. It wears less, vibrates the engines less and bike goes slightly faster per revolution.

Last edited:

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
hi; you can bore out a rubber or synthetic skate board tire, usually free at a shop. get a couple and use a hole saw a bit smaller than the drive wheel, heat the tire in boiling water apply stickum to wheel and slide tire on. mitch

docgonzo

Jan 30, 2009
planet earth
Thank you all so much for the ultra fast responses and all the input. I will keep you posted and my try the skate wheel trick. I have a col bike collection so I am sure I will be posting many pics and updates. Thanks again Darrin .fly