fuchs cycle attachement

GoldenMotor.com

motoscott909

Jan 20, 2012
Grand Rapids, Mi
Hey all,

Im new on here, and i had a question about a cycle attachement i have. What i have is a fuchs cycle attachement mounted to a supreme bicycle. It appears to be complete with gas tank and luggage rack, and still even has the cork originally used as a cap in the gas tank.

I guess im just looking for some more information about fuchs cycle motors. I found only one website that had any information about them, and there was no contact info on the site. I did however manage to find the exact model engine i have and will try to post a picture of it. It seems that these motors were only made for a few years right after world war II in Austria, to help mobilize the country again.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Scott

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
It looks like a cool thing to mount up. But I have to wonder if you can feel the weight off to one side.

There was a posting earlier today with a similar set up, but with a four stroke. (new) It seemed kinda bulky too.

motoscott909

Jan 20, 2012
Grand Rapids, Mi
It should run. It turns over with good compression and has spark. I imagine ill just have to clean the carb and add fuel to make it fire up, and maybe check the points gap. It has been sitting for a very long time, 60+ years. It was given to me by a guy my dad works with who was cleaning out a neighbor lady's shed. She said that it had been sitting since the mid 50's without being run. I think it would be pretty cool to fire it up after all these years

As far as how many speeds the gearbox has im not 100% sure, but i know it does shift, because i remember activating the shift mechanism to see if it all worked when i first got it. Ill have to get it out and shift it through the gears to see how many speeds it has.

Does anyone have any idea of the value of this machine? im not really interested in selling it, but im just curious.