Built-In motor sprocket on rear wheel?

GoldenMotor.com

darrick

Nov 14, 2009
South Texas
Hi
I'd just like to know if anyone knows of any sites (or people) that are selling rear wheels with BUILT-IN motor sprockets, not rag joint sprockets. and preferably not clamp on type either. I own one, but my rear wheel spokes got warped by the chain falling off the sprocket and eating them up :(
really really would like a good replacement and not a downgrade.
a freewheel would be fine, no need for a coaster brake seizing up on me unexpectedly (already have caliper brakes). Also if they sell them with a 6-speed cassette already attached that would be grrreat, and save me alotta time =)
So, back to the question. Anyone know of some 26" rear wheels being sold with built in/pre-mounted motor-side sprockets? (That Don't cost $150+)
Id be happy with buying a used one as well.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Check out Bike Island.com they have a set of Alex alloy wheels for rim brakes and disc mount with a cluster for rear and disc mount in front for 111.oo a set shipped get a disc mount sprocket from kings or someone else. I got a 39 =tooth Im not using. Or if You can lace wheels I have the above rear hub Im not using as well..

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
you should figure out why your dropping your chain before you go buy something.
I have to agree. It won't make any difference how the sprocket is attached to the rear hub if you have chain tension or alignment problems. In fact you'll be wasting your money.
Tom