Cargo

GoldenMotor.com

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Sam,
I have hauled (2)5gallon water jugs (close to 100lbs), with no problem using the girls trailer,,,
I have done this with both a 2smoke and the 4cycle :)

if it fits, it ships !!! laff

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
that's the biggest problem with these bikes. you can't even cruise down the street carrying a soda.

i've got the ammo can on my 24" bike, which will hold my U-lock and and a few other things, but if i need to go to the store i always have to bring a backpack.

i'd like to build up a "cycletruck" for going shopping and stuff. just need to find a cheap one.

something like this:

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Sam,
I have hauled (2)5gallon water jugs (close to 100lbs), with no problem using the girls trailer,,,
I have done this with both a 2smoke and the 4cycle :)

if it fits, it ships !!! laff
I was thinking something on the lines of golf clubs, but i guess "if it fits, it ships!"

that's the biggest problem with these bikes. you can't even cruise down the street carrying a soda.

i've got the ammo can on my 24" bike, which will hold my U-lock and and a few other things, but if i need to go to the store i always have to bring a backpack.

i'd like to build up a "cycletruck" for going shopping and stuff. just need to find a cheap one.

something like this:
I love cycletrucks. Always have wanted one. At one point i wanted to build one, but were to get the super long head tube and gooseneck set up?

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Had saddlebag baskets when I was a kid and they carry a lot of stuff easily- but they are still making the very same baskets I had45 years later-

I want ALLOY! Those things weigh too much.

reb1

Aug 15, 2010
CALIFORNIA
You can make a two wheeled trailer using 3/4" emt conduit. You can take the metal outlet boxes and cut out stays for wheels. There are plans for carts on the web also. I have used carts for many years without a motor. Make sure you keep the overall width narrower than your entrances.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
instructables.com has alot of homebuilt trailer projects to check out.

They do make cup holders for bicycles, this one just needs a zip-tie net for cans. :)

I always liked the idea of single wheeled trailers, nice and narrow. Oh, and this idea, quick and simple:

But if you have bucks to spend check out this:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Hahaha I love it! A 'universal hitch'?

I can see going grocery shopping with a Red Radio Flyer wagon, parking inside the store entrance, and then unhooking the wagon to pull along to shop, check out, then hook it back up for the MB ride home.

When I was younger I could see this too, motor to the course and then just pedal along on the course.

And of course just heading to a neighborhood party with your cooler on a hand truck!

For $20 I will have to look into it.
It is the actual trailer end bracket I want to see in detail to understand how it works.
The site has no detail of that business end.

(still snickering) As if I didn't draw enough attention to myself while shopping, using a Red Radio Flyer wagon as my shopping basket would be hilarious!

What can I say, I find shopping boring, that would sure liven it up I think ;-}

reb1

Aug 15, 2010
CALIFORNIA
There are many carts out there if you have bucks. My bob is 16 years old. I am going to purchase a CycleTote to replace it. I carry loads over 100lbs quite often. I will order the brake option on this cart. They use two sturney archer or sachs hub brakse. They are activated from the decrease in speed when you use your bicycle or motor bicycle brakes.Options :: Products :: CycleTote

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
I use a set of saddle bags. I mean actual saddle bags in the sense that they are made for a horse saddle. But they have enough room for my groceries and my bike lock, and they don't look to bad either.

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
lol KCvale. I am going to order the traileron. Right now !

edit:

Ordered. Ill post pics and how it works when I get it.

:)

Last edited:

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
Oh no. Have you seen the Radio Flyer mods they have ? SOB.

They have go cart wheel adapters :

And so it begins.........

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Hehehhe.. see what I start? hahaha.
reb1, what you talk about sound like what I know of as a 'surge brake', it is what big heavy things we would tow with a truck like a fork lift.
When the drive vehicle slowed, the weight of the load of what what you were pulling would activate it's hydraulic brakes when it push against it.
It was located right on the hitch.

I remember one time, again many years ago in my teens driving one of my dads roofing trucks.

I was coming down a little hill in a cab-over long flat bet truck that was empty, but pulling a big 2 story forklift with a surge brake and when I started to come up to the red light I braked as usual but didn't slow down and started jackknifing.

The long truck had no weight on it, and the surge brake on the fork lift had failed.
All I could do was hold down on the horn and jackknifed into the intersection.

Pretty darn scary especially for a 16 year old kid but no damage to anything.
Once I got out of intersection I cheeked the the surge brake fluid level and was empty.
Some brake fluid and I was I on may again but never forgot to check that again.

I do love the trailer idea's though, but please rOOt4d, do show us some pics of the business end of the connector as it just looks too fun to me ;-}

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Nope no trailer. I will do up a picture tomorrow. I need a butt load of grocery's first. A pict is worth a thousand words lol