Fitting a 49cc Honda on my bike... Pretty new to this

GoldenMotor.com

Catfish

Jun 2, 2010
Washington State
I've got a GXH50 and I want to put it on my bicycle. There are two things that are a concern to me.

1. My bike has 21 speeds and I'm worried this might interfere with a chain drive. Will it? Chain drives sound preferable to friction drives, so I'd rather use a chain.

2. I need to buy a mounting kit, but I'm worried the ones I have found may not be ideal. My mechanic swears that Chinese steel is almost always poor quality, and I can only find kits that are of Chinese make. Can anyone comment on this? Agree/disagree?

Here are the two that I'm looking at.
49cc Mounting Kit Only - $219.99

49cc Chain Drive 4 Cycle OHC Rear Mount Gas Motorized Bicycle Kit | All Gas Powered Bicycle Motors | Live Fast Motors - Gas Motorized Bicycles and Gas Powered Bicycle Motors

Edit: The second one includes an engine, so you can disregard it. I might ask them to sell me the chain drive only though.

Advice is much appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi there I think but I am not entirely sure but I just wrote an email explaining all of your issues was that you ??? Corwin Here is a copy of the email that is sent out

Hi Corwin
First of all the Honda and 4G where made for each other they both are the best of the best. Honda has a 5/8 shaft witch requires a different transmission and the 4G trans for the 5/8 shaft just happens to be 3/4 of an inch more narrow and gives it an advantage over the standard 4G it also has a larger clutch than the standard 4G. Now Huasheng 142F-cc has a tapered shaft the only advantage to this design is it has a bearing in the clutch bell instead of a brass bushing like the Honda 4G. But the standard 4G kit is wider and has a smaller clutch. Husheng also has a engine with the 5/8 shaft this I also have a kits in this configuration as well. Same as the Honda but less money and this kit has all the advantages the Honda has at a lower price. Now you can use any size sprocket you like on these kits it all depends on what you want to do 56 tooth good for climbing hills 25 MPH cruising speed or the other way with a 44 tooth and you cruising speed is around 32 MPH there also is a 48 tooth. You might be thinking about the new 4G but is not on the market yet 4:1 ratio 4G with changeable belt pulleys and well it is not out yet and that kit will only be for the Huasheng with the tapered shaft. And 4G will work with any gear configuration including you 21 speed. Here is a link to a video I made for seizing your bicycle for a 4G engine kit YouTube - How to measure your frame for 4G T Belt Drive kit with HS 49cc 4 Stroke Engine If you have any concerns please give me a call anytime if you get the answering machine please leave your number and I will call you right back I am never to far away for the phone. Make sure you check my website closely I have all of this information on the site http://blowbyumotorizedbicycles.ca/ I hope this was helpful to you.
Thank you
Terry

LOL OK I have every thing you need to do your kit just let me know
Cheers
Terry

Last edited:

Catfish

Jun 2, 2010
Washington State
Yep, I'm that person. I'll be emailing you again shortly. :)

Edit: Well, after I figure out if my motor will fit inside the frame of my bike.

Last edited: