Stolen and returned in 1hour

GoldenMotor.com

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
Hey guys
Well I just got the shock of my life , I went down to my local shops to get a bottle of cool drink ( soda pop ) on the cruizer , lock her up and walk in , I come out and the bike lock is on the ground and THERES NO BIKE , I scream every profanity under the sun , she has been stolen , luckily I am friends with the store security guard so I run to him and he calls the local PO , I'm totally pissed by now but the girls in the shop bring me a drink and calm me down , sit at the shops for an hour waiting for the cops to show up when I get a call from the cops ,they have my bike roughly 1.5 km away and have arrested two youths for theft of a motor vehicle , and have my bike at the scene , an officer comes and picks me up takes me to the scene and there she is , apparently they had walked the bike for over a km because they couldn't start it ,damn lucky I pull the choke on full when I park up hey ,can't start her with the choke on . I have a full motorbike lock but they somehow managed to pick it as the lock was in tact

Thank god I got her back as she's my only build ATM and rest assured I will be pressing charges to the full extent of the law ,oh and the bike lock is going in the bin ,time to buy an expensive one

And such is my frightful but exciting tale for the evening

Regards Henshooter. zpt haha thief you deserved it

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Little bastards! Any chance they were caught on video? Where in Melbourne are you anyway? My ex-father-in-law is in the Victoria Police and works out of Seville...pretty quiet there. BTW: my favorite "cool drink" when down there is a "VB".

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I am glad to hear that you got it back!
That is an adrenalin rush that nobody wants to experience.
What sort of lock did you used to use? If kids can pick it that quickly, I'd like to know so I can avoid it.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I'm glad it worked out as well as it did.

Society really should be harder on thieves. They make our lives measurably more difficult. One should not have to hire a guard just to walk in to a store, buy an item and walk out.

You'll actually be doing these punks a favor by pressing charges. Get that rap sheet on them started. The first entry won't deter them, in all likelihood. But if you let them off the hook, then that'll only postpone the day when they must face up to their deeds and choose whether to straighten up or dive down into a garbage life.

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Locks aren't that hard to pick if you have practice. When I visited Chicago a few years ago, a cycling guide from the City of Chicago recommended 3 locks to lock your bike because the thieves are that good.

Glad to hear a good story!!!

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Your Lucky The Cops wouldn't have done a thing up here,
Went in on Monday, 2 1/2 weeks after being attacked,
And even though I gave them the name of one of the three, over a week ago, doing my own investigations.
Still havn't even questioned the guy.
I explained how I'd saved him a savage beating from the cowboys I work with by going to the cops, I'm starting to think they'd prefer we dealt with it.
So I'm glad the Victorian Police are better than the QLD ones.
Ours would have likely just told you that your not allowed to ride them.
But **** yeah you press charges mate, up here the Indigenous kids just get a slap on the wrist for stealing, Seems there's two Laws?
So I'm glad it worked out for you.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I've actually given up on locking my ride. I suppose I frequent reasonably low-crime areas (although I DO live in Bridgeport, CT), but I think it's a combination of the relatively imposing size of the bike, the fact that it's really not intuitive to start, and that I can basically park it within eyesight of wherever I go. All that at even 46 years old, I still would rather trust in the good of human nature...if I'm wrong, I'm only out about $300US, and I can rebuild.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I was attacked in my Driveway, getting out of my car, no warning, Brocken Jaw, Blackeye, likely to lose a front tooth. Pissed off!,
Hence my mood has probably been reflected in my posts of late.

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
The bike lock used was a generic motorbike lock by masterlock , the thing cost me $30 and I'm guessing it was definitely picked by some well trained mongrels , the downside was I never had the opportunity to see the guys in full detail ,being it was night and they were in a paddy wagon ( panel van style cop car) but they saw me for sure , just worries me a tad now because they know the store that I frequent so it's a somewhat lose lose situation .
Yeah the mongrels will be charged but what happens later down the track if they see me at the store , I'm not a big fella and although did boxing for many years as we get older we lose the athletesism we once had I mean don't get me wrong I can look after myself but here in Melbourne where there is one or two there's usually another ten @ the corner.
it's upon reflection of the incident that's hitting me now , last night I was rushing on adrenaline

But I'm still charging these idiots , they deserve what's coming

Regards Henshooter

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Mate I'm in the same boat,
These guy's even know were I live, All I remember of them is some Tatoo's and stars and birdies. I now have installed security cameras, But the only cop that showed any sympathy for me is about to go on holidays!
One even laughed and said "Looks like Theon 's got a broken Jaw?"
And There is no way of complaining about inaction from our Cops.
Even if they beat you senseless they usually get away with it, and if they do have an investigation against them they just retire and investigation dropped.
If you do complain about the cops, they will harasses you until you move Town.
No wonder there called PIGS.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
glad you got your motorized bicycle back, i had one stolen 4 years back and still look for it every time i see a bike. you would think on an island this small i would see it someday. be careful, hopefully they are smart enough to stay a way from you, i would also get a restraining order on them

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Count your blessings dude...
Here in Memphis, the cops would have done exactly nothing.
And complained about having to write up a report.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
My boss finaly got a call from the cops today after 2 1/2 weeks?
Here there talking of reintroducing Quota's , which means the cops will have even less interest in anything that's "too Hard".
There already more interested in an 'easy bust'.

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
I do consider myself very lucky indeed and will be taking a more active approach to securing my bike , one of the officers stated to me my bike is well known in the area so it was fairly easy to track down which assures me a lot ,he did however point out to me the serial number of my bike and stated for any future occurrences I'm best to record this number ,that way they can positively identify my bike , I used to do this with my downhill slalom MTB's but to be honest it never really dawned on me some idiot would try to steal this cruizer being the only one for many miles in my area.
I have recorded the serial number and taken photos of the bike for future reference but am at a loss as to what security measures I could take in future ( where's that old 240v extension lead --- insert evil laugh --- ) I suppose that any good lock is not as good as the lock picker ........

placidscene

Apr 1, 2012
Austin, TX
How about re-wiring the CDI with a switch that would ground it out to the seat post or handlebars if you flipped it. No one would know to look for that. Then when they engage the gear to turn the engine it will shock the snot out of them!? lol
Probably not enough voltage on these little machines, but it would be funny.