Need quick help please

GoldenMotor.com

Rnalecz

Jul 19, 2008
Im trying to put in the NGK B6HS spark plug, it went in fine but the cap isnt fitting on, im not sure if im retarted or whatever but im afraid to try anything on my own cause i dont know much about spark plugs. Can someone tell me how to get the cap on right?

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
i think the top of the spark plug is different than the stock plug, at least mine was...i had to get a new cap anyway...try a local motorcycle shop.

Rnalecz

Jul 19, 2008
This is how the plugs look like, left is stock, right is NGK B6HS. The right one has the silver over the threads on the bottom, and i want to remove that but i dont know how, and i dont wana mess anything up, help please

Attachments

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
yep, that is exactly what mine looked like...the stock plug doesn't have the silvery connecteor like the NGK plug. the stock plug has been modified. it's crap anyway...i bought a racing plug cap for $5 at my local cycle shop, and it fit the NGK.

you could try to unscrew the silver part of the NGK with pliers.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I thought the top of the NGK was supposed to be able to unscrew easily? I'd probably just get a new cap and wire at the auto parts store.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Just unscrew the top of the NGK.

Replace the plug cap and wire when you can. Buy a 7mm. Unscrew the old one from the CDI and screw the new one in.

Keep the wire as short as is practical.

Rnalecz

Jul 19, 2008
Im not sure if it will unscrew easily because i cant really grip it right and i dont wana put to much force and break it=[

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Just grab the silver part with some pliers and squeeze it hard and unscrew it. I just did it to one to check it....it's removable

Rnalecz

Jul 19, 2008
Ok well the pliers helped me unscrew it, i just didnt put to much force into it for it to move, cause i went throw a lot to get the NGK and i didnt wana break it, im trying to find a plug and cap but i cant find any 7mm, and not sure if they will fit right into the cdi and i the only wire i found was the accel but it came with 6 of them for $40=[

Rnalecz

Jul 19, 2008
I looked in autozone, petboys, even a motorcycle store. Thats why i dont think im looking right lol

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
autozone, checker, etc don't carry the plugs we need, at least around here...I haven't tried Advance yet, but they have a small motor section, so they might have them. Napa would probably have them too...

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
My local Checker auto parts store has the Champion, NGK and Autolite. I bought up the last Champion and NGK and right now I'm using the Autolite. They will order the plug for you and if they are like my local Checker parts store they will keep them stocked up for you.

I just received a call from the manager to let me know that they now have the Champion and NGK back in stock. How nice of them :)
:ride2: