New to this. NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

natron22

May 9, 2015
lake placid fl
Hello to all new biker friends. I am new here and would like to thank anyone and everyone for any help you may give me. I already have a question for anyone that understands these motors more than myself. I look forward to reading all the thread and Solutions to get the most out of my motor kit. I have tire,power/speed questions. Thanks again for taking time to read this and for any help you can provide.. :-||

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
You'll find everything you need here.

Natron? I know what natron is, I want to know why you're using the title.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Welcome aboard.

You'll find helpful folks here. So go ahead and start a thread asking your questions.

Now, I feel as though I also know what 'natron' means. Yet I'm drawing a blank. And Ludwig has me feeling curious.

natron22

May 9, 2015
lake placid fl
Natron was my nickname growing up..idk what natron means to others but it's just a name to myself..... Terrain is roadways with some smaller hills. I updated my carburetor and was running strong and fast for a few days. One morning i went to go ride and only have about 1/2 the speed. The power feels to b ok just cant reach the speed i was able to b4... I've cleaned everything out. (Gas tank gas lines carburetor n put a new gasket on the intake..

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Natron was a dessicant used by the old Egyptians to speed up the mummification of the dead.

virtuoso

Dec 21, 2014
dayton,oh
Natron was my nickname growing up..idk what natron means to others but it's just a name to myself..... Terrain is roadwachinagoradated my carburetor and was running strong and fast for a few days. One morning i went to go ride and only have about 1/2 the speed. The power feels to b ok just cant reach the speed i was able to b4... I've cleaned everything out. (Gas tank gas lines carburetor n put a new gasket on the intake..
don't worry friend we have all experienced this kind of situation... Can you be a little bit more clear about what's going on are you bogging at all... Also it could be your air filter try cleaning it out and put it back on and see if that helps... Also if you are in break in. It is not uncommon for your engine to lose speed and regain it... It happens all the time with these engines let me know exactly what's going on be a little bit more detailed and what you mean by half speed... Also it could be that you lost compression somehow if it is a new engine and you're in the middle of breakin you might need to torque your head bolts down To 120 - 140 in/lb torque with a torque wrench ... I cannot stress enough to use a torque wrench, a novice has a 99% chance to strip the bolt... These china girls are very fragile with certain things... But they sure do love a good WOT run !!!!

natron22

May 9, 2015
lake placid fl
I am past the break in stage. I have gone through and cleaned everything several times. B4 this problem i was able to haul butt. Prob 35/40 mph. Now i can only go about 20/25 mph. There is NO bogging out at all. The bike starts good and runs good in low speeds. I put a new spark plug in even though the old was ok. Upgraded to a racing carburetor.. i was riding great with all that I've done for a good few days. (Heavy riding).. i was so happy that it was finally running great after upgrades n then out of the blue lost the top speed/high rpm.... i hope I've explained my prob good enough. Again im new to all this bike motors n this forum... not a good computer person.lol plus im on my phone with it's lil screen.lol. thank you all for your input....

virtuoso

Dec 21, 2014
dayton,oh
Ok heres the deal, its either a air/fuel issue... Or an engine/compression issue,... Check your thottle cable too make sure it isnt getting stuck anywhere... Are your leaking gas/oil around head or jug? Check your wiring too... Make sure its not loose, do you have a volts/ohms meter? Check CDI and Magneto make sure readings arent low... Failing cdi will make u lose power... Did you check to see if something might have clogged the carb jet (long shot but cud happen) make sure gas valves are not restricting flow...

natron22

May 9, 2015
lake placid fl
Yes i have looked over all poss ares that gas could leak and im good on that. I also have drained the tank and flushed it along with the lines. Ive also cleaned the carburetor very well and no clogges. I haven't even though about the cdi and magneto. I will check those out tonight and see what i find. I do have a meter so i will know more on that later.. Thank you for all of your help so far. I really appreciate it..

natron22

May 9, 2015
lake placid fl
Im back sooner than planed.lol ok so i checked all wireing and teasted it all with my meter. All good on that also.. it all maxes out the meter. So im goin to guess its a compression issue. Or is it poss that I've lost my top end all together?? Would compression have any effect on the low rmp and starting of the motor??

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You haven't responded to the suggestion to check the cylinder head fasteners for proper torque. Loss of compression due to a leaking head gasket can cause the problems you're having.

120 to 140 inch pounds is sufficient. However, you should remove the cylinder head and inspect the gasket and gasket sealing surfaces for signs of leaking (dark areas in the gasket) We always suggest you 'lap' the cylinder head to assure a good gasket surface then torque the fasteners to the values given. They should be checked (re-torqued) after a few heat/cool cycles. Don't exceed the 140 inch pound limit.

Tom

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
That's INCH pound, remember. I have a history of stripped threads in my past.

natron22

May 9, 2015
lake placid fl
I have not tightened the head nuts to the proper torque as i dont have that tool.. i can say they are pretty tight tho.. i also cant take a part the head while its on bike as i have no room. Very tight fit.. had to get a diff intake to push the carburetor and air filter to the side. I think im goin to just take it all iff and go through the while thing again and reinstall it after......

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I'm gonna go with 2door and Ludwig on the head issue. If you never checked them before the head nuts probably loosed up some. The same as every other nut and bolt on the bike. Head gaskets are about 5 or 6 bucks, no biggie. I've had the same problem a couple times. Once coming home from the next town over with no socket to fit the head nuts. 1/2 power all the way home. It SUCKED.
fatdaddy.usflg

natron22

May 9, 2015
lake placid fl
So here's an update on the power problem im having. I took apart the motor and both top and bottom gaskets i could see where oil n gas was pushing through. I had already ordered a hole set to replace all of them and waiting for them to arrive. I hope that was the issue and i will be up and running very soon. I will give you the latest when then arrive. I am also trying to get some pucs on here and update info to make my profile better.. thanks again for all of the input. I really appreciate it...

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
So here's an update on the power problem im having. I took apart the motor and both top and bottom gaskets i could see where oil n gas was pushing through. I had already ordered a hole set to replace all of them and waiting for them to arrive. I hope that was the issue and i will be up and running very soon. I will give you the latest when then arrive. I am also trying to get some pucs on here and update info to make my profile better.. thanks again for all of the input. I really appreciate it...
WELL, Sounds like ya got it under control bro, The bottom gasket probably didn't get hurt, BUT, Wouldn't hurt a THANG to replace it anyway. Once ya lose the head gasket they really run like crap, Don't they? Easy fix though.
fatdaddy.usflg

natron22

May 9, 2015
lake placid fl
I can't upload a pic of the top head gasket but it has a dimple on the inside part. It seems to be when i tighten the head bolts down it makes this.. is that ok and normal?????

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I can't upload a pic of the top head gasket but it has a dimple on the inside part. It seems to be when i tighten the head bolts down it makes this.. is that ok and normal?????
Don't know what's up without a pic bro. Whatcha mean by a dimple on the gasket? The head gasket is just a very flat piece of aluminum cut out to fit the head. NO dimple that I've ever seen.
fatdaddy.usflg