A Newbee in Ohio

GoldenMotor.com

Fieldmaster2

Jun 15, 2012
Toledo Oh
Hello All
A gentleman name Joe a person I was trying to buy a Motorized Bicycle from pointed me in this direction and said that there would a a lot of people that would happy to help me get one so here I go
I live in NW Ohio and I am disabled since 2009 and I trying to get a Motorized Bicycle to help me get around like I need to I would prefer a 10 to 18 speed
26" Mountain Bike with both fenders on it I have a few things to trade for one ranging from $400.00 +if you can help me get one please let me know?.flg.
-

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
Go to the "introduce yourself" area. Introduce yourself. People will just willingly help you. Say something like "Hello from NW Ohio" and people will just start start saying hi and willingly try to assist...

Steve1990

Jun 12, 2012
I can see Detroit from here!
One of the many beauties of these is that they can be adapted to just about anything. I only have use of my left arm, which complicates things, but nothing that can't be worked around. What kind of disability do you have if you don't mind me asking (feel free not to answer, I know how it is sometimes).

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
"Disabled since 2009" you say. Just let us know what you need help with. I am sure we can help you get riding.
A year or so back, somebody posted a touching story about a blind boy who got a bike for a gift. The hitch was: it was one of those "trailer" bikes - no front wheel, it hitches onto the adult bike in front of it. The boy felt it over and, if I recall rightly, wanted to know where the rest of the bike was.
I was moved by this, and having inventors in the family and in my blood, I wanted to help. I couldn't come up with anything but the below article. So I passed it on to somebody who knew of the boy's family and hoped they followed up on it:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/sensory-superpowers/200907/mountain-biking-the-blind

This guy is blind. Like, REALLY blind. And he rides a mountain bike on trails and stuff. There's always a way.

So, like I say, you tell us what you have to work around - we'll help you get on a motorized bike.

Last edited: