A greener way to clean engine parts.

GoldenMotor.com

rockhopper

Mar 20, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Hi all. I ran across this tip on a motorcycle forum a short while ago but it had slipped my mind. I'd like to share it with you.

But first I would like to apologize to ADDICTED MOTORCYCLES for making some comments in his thread that were less than helpful. Friend, please forgive me for being argumentative. I feel like an ass. I support what you are doing and I'm sorry.

For the rest of you, please check out at least the first page of the attached thread and post your comments.

The Pine Sol Degreaser Thread - ADVrider

JC

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
Hey Rockhopper, thank you for your apologies, they are well accepted, as I said in private message, no worries dude, any critisizim is constructive in my eyes. :) For those who are curious, the thread mentioned is here. http://motorbicycling.com/f3/just-looking-opinion-bicycle-lovers-out-17359.html.

On topic of this thread however, I'm very suprised that pine sol has such capabilities, however, pop will make nails dissapear, and we drink that stuff, so I guess truthfully, I'm not really that surprised! Lol. Great thread though, I'm sure this method could work for many applications, not just carbs and such. Makes you wonder what they've put into the pine sol though doesn't it? Lol.

Thank you George for the compliment. I wouldn't say I'm cool, but neat, I would accept. HA HA HA, kidding, I appreciate it dude, thanks. :)

And to everyone else. ummm, you rock too! HA, later. :)

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I filled my HF parts washer with cheap dollar store Mean Green and it will remove anything....plus it's non flamable.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Man I can remember soakin a carb in one of those gallon pails of some pretty harsh chemicals wish I'd have known this stuff then.