Okie newbie

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Just completed my build today. Used a Skyhawk 66cc for my first attempt in the motorized bike world. Engine started very quick and everything worked as it should. I look forward to learning more in the near future!

Attachments

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Welcome to the forum from Ardmore,OK. Great looking ride. That's what I really wanted my first build to look like,with all the red & black. But I was using the huasheng/4g setup. Are you gonna paint the motor to match the bike? That would icing on a beautiful cake.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Welcome to the forum from Ardmore,OK. Great looking ride. That's what I really wanted my first build to look like,with all the red & black. But I was using the huasheng/4g setup. Are you gonna paint the motor to match the bike? That would icing on a beautiful cake.

I'm probably not going to paint the engine. I actually ordered it in the silver so that it would stand out against the flat black frame. I will be painting the fuel tank flat black after the break in period.

I lived in Ardmore for a few years back in the early '90s.....was friends with some of the Stolfa boys.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
That name seems familiar,but I left ardmore in '92 and didn't come back till 2007. I got some family that never left though. You know any of the Presley family? Or maybe the Bradshaw's?

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Stolfa Hardware was on the east end of Main Street.......across from the old Daube building.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I know that building,its still there. I'm not sure what's in there,maybe city hall? Now I'm gonna have to ride over there and try to jog the memory. Oh, and my mother in law has worked at the post office here for about thirty years as well. I will post some pics when I get there,see if it looks anything like it did bitd.