what does "HT" stand for ??

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Actually it was the name of one of the earliest 2 stroke engine kits. The company that imported it to the states called their kit "Happy Time Bicycle Motor". The company, or at least their name for the engine is gone but Happy Time, or HT stuck and it's become synonymous with the Chinese 2 stroke, in-frame engine. They are also often refered to as China Girls.
You'll have to ask Dan how to mount one of those :)

Tom

Last edited:

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Actually it was the name of one of the earliest 2 stroke engine kits. The company that imported it to the states called their kit "Happy Time Bicycle Motor". The company, or at least their name for the engine is gone but Happy Time, or HT stuck and it's become synonymous with the Chinese 2 stroke, in-frame engine. They are also often refered to as China Girls.

Tom
I've been told that the China Girls have a slanted mount ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Oftentimes guys who've been around the MB forums awhile will refer to the common kit 2-stroke as HT48 or HT66s to facilitate quicker conversation.
The engines are made in several factories, in varying degrees of roughshod fashion, each with their own designation for their product.
Crude, but potentially very effective :D

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Hot-Tempered, Hardly-True, ****-bound Temptress... :p Happy-Time was apt the first time my first kit fired up and zoomed me along though, good times... Happy Times :D

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Tom
LOL Tom.

For folks reading, a few yrs back I went on a completely innocent tangent about how to "properly mount a ChinGirl" (HT) My right hand raised, I did say it with out double on-tundra intended. But was hysterical when Tom pointed out my completely missing how what I had written could be construed.

So in keeping with that vain and according to the kamasutra,

"Remember, when opening the box, that this is your HT's/China Girl's first time. Be gentle as she knows not of a crafter's hand....."

.....and be sure to check all fasteners regularly.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Actually it was the name of one of the earliest 2 stroke engine kits. The company that imported it to the states called their kit "Happy Time Bicycle Motor". The company, or at least their name for the engine is gone but Happy Time, or HT stuck and it's become synonymous with the Chinese 2 stroke, in-frame engine.

Tom
I think that you're joking but it comes off like you know what you are
talking about. :)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I think that you're joking but it comes off like you know what you are
talking about. :)
No, I'm not "joking" and when it comes to someone acting as if they know what they're talking about... look in a mirror. If it wasn't for this forum I have to wonder just where else you'd go to promote your race agenda.

The fact is that your buddy Augie got the name from one of the earliest Chinese bicycle engine kits. Way before you, or him, ever thought about motorizing a bicycle. Probably before you were out of high school.

If I had access to the data on a very old computer that I no longer have I'd prove my point. Unfortunately I have only my memory of the kit to which I refer. It was marketed under the brand name of "Happy Time Motobike Kit" and sold for $59.00. The first one I saw was at a car show in the late 90s. The owner showed me the instruction booklet that came with the kit. That's where I first saw the words, "Happy Time". Tell your buddy he didn't "coin" anything, just copied the Chinese company that made the kit.

Tom