Crazy owner of a Kamasura- Florissant MO

GoldenMotor.com

doctorscoot

Oct 14, 2010
I'm Rich MacKinnon, and I love anything with 2 wheels and a motor.

Currently, I am the "Chief Mechanic" for ScooterGuy- the largest designated driver service in the St. Louis Region that uses DiBlasi R7E folding scooters. Well, we try to.

Due to various issues, 1 is running fairly well, #2 has issues with staying running, #3 needs reworking on the rebuilt clutch, #4 needs a total engine rebuild and engine mount welding. The 5th bike is a Flexi- a Chinese knock-off of the DiBlasi that instead of an Italian 2-stroke, it uses a Chinese 4-stroke engine for a sump pump.

But the 6th bike I hope to add after some refurbishment and maybe a transplant to a decent frame is one of the infamous Kamasura 250 VRX "Fine Korean Motorcycle". This is translated to Chinese bicycle with a motor mounted on it.laff

The engine is a copy of either an old Sachs, Benelli or Garelli model, and is about 40cc. It has a large concave roller to drive the lower leading edge of the rear tire.

Starting is very difficult as the chain keeps coming off the rear sproket- and the nice full chain enclosure is fine for keeping the chain and gears clean- but ti's a pain in the butt!

My ultimate goal is to get the engine running and transplant it to a folding bike.

Doc

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Rich, welcome.

I see some of your problem in the first pic. That side-car is just way to big. lol

That gas tank is great. If ya ever find a source, please let me know. I searched a whole lot.

doctorscoot

Oct 14, 2010
To show that I am fully and certifiably insane, I have begun the transplant. Taking a bland Chinese moped and removing the engine.

And transplanting it on a US made bicycle!

The big challenge is creating an extender from the crank to the pedal. The temptation is to just replace the really nice GT/Dyno crankset with a less substantial one. After all, this it to just provide human power. But I really like the nice GT stuff!

Hey- it's all good tinkering and mechnical fun, the engine is in excellent condition with very little wear on the friction roller.
:-||

LadyDale

Apr 25, 2011
Colorado
I recently purchased a Kamasura VRX, new never been started. Never had gas in it. Can anyone tell me where I can come up with a manual so I know what to do. I believe it is a 2-stroke engine. No idea what ratio to use gas2oil. How does this thing start...strictly pedal to crank? Help anyone. Can't wait to get on and ride but want to be sure I know to follow all the guidelines and check points. Can anyone help with a manual or a source

doctorscoot

Oct 14, 2010
Now that is a good question!

I would try a 40:1, I use the Poulan 2-stroke oil (available at any hardware or lawn & garden center) it's great for Weed-eaters, and any other 2-stroke that uses 40:1. Toss the 3.2 oz into 1 gallon of regular.

I've been using this in the DiBlasi R7E engines (their M1) without a problem.

I must admit I have let the project fall by the wayside- but I'm resuming work on it and the Di Blasi R7Es we use for ScooterGuy here in St. Louis.

My problem with the Kamasura frame is, well, when I'd get cranking to where the engine starts to sputter- the chain comes off the rear hub- and I have to stop...reseat the chain...and it's frustrated me. Thus the engine transplant on a much cooler bike.
.weld

I will be posting more shortly!

Rich

Lazy D

Apr 29, 2011
Grass Valley
New here and am looking forward to starting my first project. Can anyone recommend a 2-stoke kit or tell me what to stay away from? Thanks!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Lazy D. There are a bunch of great dealers who are members here as well. Would suggest reading around, particularly the reviews. To many to suggest and I would end up forgetting some one.

Bigdnice

Aug 24, 2012
St Ann
Hey all, do you know where I can find a used diblasi for sale"? I work in the trade show industry and I travel a lot, just looking for something to go from my hotel to restaurants and stuff. I drive a 28' box truck and really hard to get around in some city's .. I worked for scooter guy for a couple of months and really liked the diblasi scooters they have...