100% custom board tracker, next steps

GoldenMotor.com

aricarmon

Jun 13, 2009
san francisco
so this is my ssecond thread, i have moved from planning into actual fabrication, let me know what you guys think so far, i will post the pictures in sequence

Last edited:

broHSI

Jul 27, 2009
USA, CA
Your frame seems to be very tall with the motor very close to the ground and a lot of empty space in the middle.
This does not look like your original drawings. What changed in your plans?

sdol

Jun 16, 2009
Orange County,Ca
It looks like its going to be a great project. The first thing I notice are the proportions are off, and second are you really going to build this bike using the 27 in. skinny road bike wheels & tires? You either need a much larger motor or a smaller frame to bring the proportions back into balance. One other comment regarding your tube bending. You might try filling the tubes with sand and capping the ends prior to making the bend this will help support the tubing on the inside of the bend and you will get less deformation on the inside radius of the bend.

aricarmon

Jun 13, 2009
san francisco
Your frame seems to be very tall with the motor very close to the ground and a lot of empty space in the middle.
This does not look like your original drawings. What changed in your plans?
it looks like that because the front end isnt on and the bottom of the frame is on the ground, it wont be like that once the front tire is on. but besides that its exactly the same as the scale drawing. the very first drawing was done without any references and was just a basic idea of the styling not the proportions

Last edited:

aricarmon

Jun 13, 2009
san francisco
It looks like its going to be a great project. The first thing I notice are the proportions are off, and second are you really going to build this bike using the 27 in. skinny road bike wheels & tires? You either need a much larger motor or a smaller frame to bring the proportions back into balance. One other comment regarding your tube bending. You might try filling the tubes with sand and capping the ends prior to making the bend this will help support the tubing on the inside of the bend and you will get less deformation on the inside radius of the bend.
thanks for the positive feedback

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Wow, way cool Ari! When you get her on the road, should put advertising above the engine. Your gonna have lots of folks asking where they can get one.

I am a cruiser frame fan but can really appreciate those sweet lines. Thats art dude!

(wut? seemed like a "dude" moment, lol)

The more I look at the last pic, starting to look like a dragracer MB. I know that is wrong, just saying KOOL! Gonna send link to this thread to Crazy Horse. He will go nutz.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Go ungoable! Take the nays and garner power from it. Pay close attention as they do have or may have noticed things dreamer folks may have missed. Use it to fuel your dreams but more to see wut you missed!

I have faith in your build. I have even more in your next one!

Watched a guy get talked out of a build. Broke my heart. He took my measurements to heart and folks saying it could not work. It could. He just thought we knew wut we were talking about. We did not. You fly and do great things. Show us all how to do great things.

My best friend and the love of my life have this thing. Silly and in a cartoonish voice, when ever the other is feeling over whelmed or over powered we say; YOU CAN DOO EET! (I love my Carol) So just know Carol and I are back here yelling; Jewkenduit!

aricarmon

Jun 13, 2009
san francisco
Go ungoable! Take the nays and garner power from it. Pay close attention as they do have or may have noticed things dreamer folks may have missed. Use it to fuel your dreams but more to see wut you missed!

I have faith in your build. I have even more in your next one!

Watched a guy get talked out of a build. Broke my heart. He took my measurements to heart and folks saying it could not work. It could. He just thought we knew wut we were talking about. We did not. You fly and do great things. Show us all how to do great things.

My best friend and the love of my life have this thing. Silly and in a cartoonish voice, when ever the other is feeling over whelmed or over powered we say; YOU CAN DOO EET! (I love my Carol) So just know Carol and I are back here yelling; Jewkenduit!
thanks dan, ya i kno my first post on here definitely was a blessing in the sense that alot of ppl gave their feedback and pointed out things that really were going to make it crash and burn and i was extremely grateful, theres just always douchebags that try to bring down other peoples ideas, its cool though, i know those types of ppl dont really offer much to anyone, but i appreciate the help and positive feedback