Grubee bigger Carb

GoldenMotor.com

Bones56k

Mar 14, 2009
Australia
Hi All

I have a little black grubee 67cc motor with one of the later bigger carbs.

I was wondering if anyone knows where i can get a smaller main jet for it without having to solder the existing main jet and doing a drill job.

As i live at 1000m above sea level it is running to rich.

Mods i have done so far:

1. SBP spark plug cap and lead
2. NGK B6HS spark plug
3. Used a dremmel and opened up the inlet manifold and made my own gasket
4. Used a dremmel and opened up the exhaust to match the exhaust port
5. Opened the exhaust and drilled the internal pipe....then ended up cutting it off 50mm from the end cap
6. Lifted the carb needle E clip one notch to lean the carb in midrange (two notches starved the little girl).

The bike is still 4 stroking above about 4000rpm.

For those people who are saying what later model carb? (i have done a copy and paste)
For this line of bicycle engine, the NT factory produces a carburetor designed solely for the 66cc SkyHawk engine. This newly revised carburetor incorporates a larger barrel slide throttle body for increased performance and a secondary shut-off valve on the carb itself to avoid accidental overflows. This new carburetor has the air intake & discharge hole diameters 3mm larger on both sides of brass slide. The main jet is slightly larger for improved performance, there is a better screw connection at the gas inlet tube, and the new fuel shut off valve remedies the older problem of leaking carburetors. Up until now, all NT carburetors were solely designed for 48cc engines.ports 67cc

Any help would be great .shft.

Thanks bones

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
Well, not sure about that carb, but I do know that the concenses for that mod on the standard carbs, is a #65, 5mm main jet from a Dellorto PHGB/SHA carburetor.

Evidently on the standard carb it's equal to the #70. My guess would be if yours is a 5mm jet also, you may be able to track down a suitable replacement for it, using one from this Dellorto carb.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

Last edited:

Bones56k

Mar 14, 2009
Australia
Thanks Hiker472

For the quick reply.
A google search for the dellorto jets returned some good websites to buy from.

Thankyou and much appreciated

Bones

Bones56k

Mar 14, 2009
Australia
Hi All

I added the Sick Bike Parts air filter yesterday afternoon and i have to admit the standard air filter will never go near the bike again.

The SBP air filter might cost a little extra but the performance gain was worth the money.

I live in Australia and they even get it here within a week.