A better muffler clamp.

GoldenMotor.com

Earthman

Mar 24, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I didn’t like the stock muffler clamp that came with my engine kit so I made a clamp from a short length of ½” dia. aluminum tubing and two stainless steel aviation clamps. I cut the tubing length to fit the space between the down tube of the bike and the muffler, and then cut slots on each side of the tubing for the clamps to pass through. I cut the slots for each clamp on a slightly different alignment to account for the difference in alignment of the down tube and muffler (they’re parallel in one plane, but not another). See the attached photos for what it looks like. It’s much more secure than the stock clamp.

Attachments

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Nice I let my first one hang, but the second time chose to brace it. The replacement [Ch over 5000 miles] Ch has one now. I slotted this one to be able to wiggle back off the jug for a new gasket later. Yours is better than the cheezie stock steel band they give us heres mine. I am getting the Idea that the jug can distort with that weight unbraced. Part of my prob is this homemade baffle that I put on the bottom. Its ways a bit , its roofing washers welded shut. Quite as a Honda generator now

Attachments