Does boost bottles work?

GoldenMotor.com

dishpointing

Feb 11, 2009
PUERTO RICO
Hi guys hope everyone are happybicycling. Looking everywere had seen different opinions about boost bottles. It is stated that it does not make more power on the engine, only seems to get better thortle response.
But if anyone has a real experience with them and want to share it will be gladly appreciated.
Thanks

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I have built alot of variations of boost bottles and tried them. The difference they make is so slight I wouldn't buy one. These Chinese engines vary so much on how they run as far as throttle responce and vibration that it would be hard to know what the boost bottle is actually doing.
So my answer is No I wouldn't buy one, the way they hype them up on that e-bay site you will be disapointed! And also out $20.

John

donuts31

Nov 9, 2008
Colorado
My boost bottle leaned out the low end a bit but had NO effect on top speed or improved acceleration and power. In our hT engines, a boost bottle is a waste of money,

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Buy a tuned pipe these WILL WORK!
Or buy a boost bottle you will make the seller of a boost bottle very happy he will have your money and you will have a friggin bottle that will do you no good and maybe a dumb sticker that says Boost now that will make the bike run faster and jump higher.Ha! Ha!
Norman

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Mine makes lots of random pops when finally tuned ,or so I guess. There is a little more throttle response . Thats about it, it kinda sounds cool not a big diff. Most folks might just say its obnoxious my buddy always tries to say it not idling right ! Like a radical cam or something like that..I still have it on like the pop I guess. Go with a tuned pipe first then I would upgrade to better intake a straight intake no bends probably better carb. Mine occasionally leaks. If you have the exhaust pipe with the screw at the bottom, take the baffle out make a new baffle at the bottom of the pipe, taking advantage of the screw to fasten a new baffle . This will let the stock pipe act a little like an expansion chamber. Remember to have a little restriction at your baffle the CH needs a little. Heres a pict of my PO mans tuned pipe, ho-made baffle its very quite too!

Attachments

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Heres more better pictures . I tried many Ideas until this one its very quite . The CH dos not scavenge . The rpm range is much higher with better torque........Note the aluminum foil I used as a gasket at my baffle. These are roofing washers , holes drilled in and no hole lines up with any hole on adjacent washers .Finally I welded them together 6 washers in all. The holes not ever lining up with each other makes things very QUITE!!!!!! It also turned into a bit of a lead weight at the bottom. I have gotten a new found belief that the exhaust pips on all of these CH should be braced, and not just hung off the engine. Stand a chance of warping the cylinder.

Attachments

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
The one thing I learned from this is the little CH wants a bigger expansion pipe I think . Runs pretty sweet right now. Having the baffle in the middle of that pipe really is not a good design. This is by no means a tuned pipe , but darn sure a improvement I did say PO mans pipe.I am also running SBP jack shaft that let me play with the power band, and rpm ranges its been fun! Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i dont know if a boost bottle works or not,but i dont think its worth the effort and price.
unless you got it cheap or made it your self and know what your are doing and its not your only transportation and just used as a weekend toy.plus i dont want to mess up my idle or intake.
i suggest you buy a second intake to play with for boost bottle.

i dont need a boost bottle,in my parkinglot every time i bring my bike out,some guy/girl is watching ,i start the engine,let it warm for a few sec,they come over,i tell them what it is,i rev it,there mouth opens,i get on hit the throttle full speed,apply full break,stop at the road,nothing coming, i hit the throttle and it takes off like a friken rocket (est 0-25mph 3sec),they blink and im gone down the road,they say holy s&*T. i went to the store and and it took me 2mins each way(counting stopping at light),it would have took me 30-40mins to walk there.
my top speed so far stock 31.5mph.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
My boost bottle is installed straight up and down with the nipple on the bottom that's the way it's supposed to go so the gas mix can empty.
In my experience anyway I noticed no change in actual power but a much smoother delivery. We're talking NO jerking when starting off here and when the engine is warm and you pedal slowly in front of onlookers guys I'm talking pedaling SLOW here it really makes me feel like a hero when I release that clutch and it just starts smooth with no jerking and the whole show just makes me feel like a rock star.

Boost Bottle ~ Makes me feel like a rock star.

lol.

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
Boost bottles are about as useful as a jet engine, nothing but problems and possible weird explosions at inopportune times like when the popo is near ..save ur cash and just go stock. If u want real speed buy a motorcycle

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I have one more major mod seems nobody has tried. It made a he$$ of a difference I will always use em........ Its the direct hit from pulstar Directory:pulstar Pulse Plug - PESWiki one place to look. I never did look at my spark till the just the other day. Checked with the direct hit attachment .and just the plug by itself. Major Major diff, just turning the motor over ,and watching the spark. Its not a resister that kills spark its a step up transformer. What it dos for me on take off lots more power until Rpms get high enough to wake up the magneto. I am using it on my second CH put 5000 miles on my first one about 3 months shy of a year.

Attachments