white wire powered light

GoldenMotor.com

wickedsickbike

Jun 16, 2008
connecticut
does anybody have any information on a bright light to run off the white wire. where it won't reduce the spark to the plug. let it be relatively cheap and with a on/off switch.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Norman's Lights look awesome and are 40 for bullet headlight (nice!) and LED tail lamp with chrome bezel.

If you are DIY type, you can visit a track lighting store and see how bright 6v 10w and 5 watt MR11 bulbs are.

I'm using 12v MR11 small lights in a PVC plumbing connector, with battery pack. These are pretty bright, but use the spot beam if you can get it or narrow flood if not. see

I do not know how much Wattage the motors can produce on the white wire, but I know that a better ground will make your lights brightest possible. These MR11 bulbs should not be run at very dim, but can dim and brighten without damage (track lighting!)

littletinman

May 15, 2012
Gaithersburg, MD
How did you wire it? I'm ordering one of the 12v MR11 lights (less than 8 bucks on amazon) and planning to hook it up. I just don't know what the wiring should look like.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
There are a ton of MR11 LED ! bulbs now on various sites, like lazerpoint.com and dealtime extreme. There are 2 pins in the back. For the LED version, one will be "hot" and the other ground. The regular bulb doesn't specify. I used a bi-pin lamp connector, about $5. Some have springs to hold onto the bulb. the one I used didn't, so I used 2 holes behind the bulb, and a ziptie looped behind the connector, to put a little tension on it. The screw cap holds the bulb in place. Do something for strain relief on the wires.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I have a 6v headlight and 6v mini-generator that I purchased from Wonderful Creations on eBay. The mini generator is like a secondary coil that can be used to power lights or accessories. The headlight is about 300 lumens, so not quite as super bright as some other lights, but it does reflect off traffic lights from a couple hundred feet. I had originally bought the light to be run off the white wire, but it started killing my engine at idle. The mini generator replaces the white wire as a magneto-driven power source. I paid $17 plus shipping for this light, and $25 plus shipping for the generator, altogether about $52. Wonderful Creations also has 12v lights and generators, as well as batteries and chargers that can be used in conjunction with the generator. I find that 6v is enough for my needs, because I live in the city.