Since we don't have a misc thread for Ebikes

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Since we don't have a misc thread for Ebikes I'm just gonna post this here and the moderator can move it, if they want.

So this morning I woke up and found it was a beautiful day but starting to get cooler. Decided it might be time to think about fishing again, before the weather turns against me.

So I pulled the trike out with it's batteries all charged up and ready to go. I added the trailer for some extra cargo space. Then I loaded the trailer and off I went. Rode the three miles to the park had a fishing fiasco. It was windy that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Left after a couple of hours and rode the trike home then I undid all the things i had done. I swore I was finished fishing, at least for this season. But I want to keep riding the trike at least once every day but it's hard to find places to go.

I'm retired, so I don't have a job to which i need to commute. I live on the edge of downtown so everything is within a battery charge, so that isn't a problem. Since I'm a creature of habit, I need somewhere I can ride my trike everyday. Somewhere I can at least get off the trike and spend some time.

Its too bad they banned the trike from the Greenway that was a nice ride. Anyway if you have an idea where an old man can go hang out without being thought a perv let me know.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I figured out what I can do now, just not where to do it. I'm a bit of a hobby writer. I have been for years. I love to write on the computer, since word processors make it so easy to get something pretty readable, even for a jerk like me.

So what I did was find a word processor which can be carried around like a laptop and can transfer it's file to the computer when I get home. So I can load up my coffee in the morning, get on my trike and ride to the park and write for an hour or so.

The only problem is the weather is not going to cooperate much longer. I am going to be looking for a place I can ride and take my alpha smart 3000. Somewhere I can sit and create the illusion that I am a great mystery writer.

I could go to the almost closed mall and do it in the food court but it isn't much of a ride.
Maybe what I need is a list of several places and kind of rotate through them.

Anyway I have the activity figure out, now I just need to decide where to go have my coffee and work. Since I don't need an internet connection, I can also go to any not so busy restaurant.

Something like that anyway.

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
I was going to suggest you find a place like the mall or spot like it. If you have a community college or university near you you could find out where their library is and go set up there. **** even the local public library will let you set up and work all day. Mine now allows coffee in the building. And the University always allows coffee in the building.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Shoot man, just go to the bar and get drunk! That's what I would do except I don't drink. LOL

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Haven't have a drink in 15 years at least. The library sounds good I'll have to try something like that. The weather took a definite chilly snap yesterday and today. The lake is a going to require a dog blanket.

I think I might try the senior center. I bet they would let me in.