Colossal Cave camping trip

GoldenMotor.com

Fishermanblues

Aug 24, 2008
Tucson Az
Hi Everybody,
I have been mostly a lurker on these forums for the past months, but I really wanted to share some pictures of my motorized bike camping trip last month. Me and a friend rode out to the colossal cave campgrounds, about 30 miles southeast of Tucson, and camped out for a night. The ride took 2 hours because the wind was terrible that day and we took side streets all the way out to old Spanish trail because my friends "petal" set up (or lack thereof) isn't exactly legal and we didn't want to attract the attention of city police. We did encounter several pima county sheriffs once we were outside of the city limits but none of them seemed to care. We had soo much fun and we're already planning our next adventure, either to Carr canyon near Sierra Vista, or Parker canyon lake.

ps. I'm aware that my expansion chamber looks like crap - it was made out of an old lawnmower hood and the paint really screwed with my welds.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Well that looked like lots of fun...and you beat me to one of the spots that I have been wanting to share with the forum rotfl

Thanks for sharing (^)

Fishermanblues

Aug 24, 2008
Tucson Az
my friends bike has a 50cc four stroke with a four speed out of a pocket bike. It goes just about as fast as my bike with the expansion chamber, before I made that his was much faster.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Probably can't make an expansion chamber from scratch without a welder, but SBP should have lower cost kit in January if not sooner.
Define lower cost, and how about Dec 19th? :)

I have a way to make one without a welder, and it's not what you would expect. It would be a pain, and I don't know the dimensions I'd need anyway, so bleh.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Looks like a good time.
Like that T-bird too!

Forgot to mention, both bikes look fine, as far as the expansion chamber, no apologies allowed. You're doing it...(^)

Last edited:

Fishermanblues

Aug 24, 2008
Tucson Az
I've put a lot of work into that T-bird, but at 8mpg (on premium) I can't afford to drive it very much - part of the reason I got the bike.:ride:

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I hear that! I used to own a '58 Plymouth (Guess where my handle comes from. :D ) What killed that for me was insurance. It cost me $31 a month even if I didn't drive it. That's why I have a bike now. Just as much work but no overhead costs!