tool rolls and pouches

GoldenMotor.com

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
I've been making some prototype tool pouches and rolls. They are rough but usable.

They are sort of designed to roll up and fit snugly when filled into a water bottle cage. Most are made of recycled sign vinyl, scrap fabric I had around and canvas.

I'll ship these out to people for the cost of shipping, $5. Leave a reply and I'll PM you my paypal address.
gone I've got one large roll made of vinyl and a heavy cotton tie. (pic 2)
gone One small roll made of vinyl and a heavy cotton tie. (pic 3)
gone One pouch made of heavy cotton canvas, water bottle sided pull tie. (Pic 1)
gone one black canvas roll (no pic yet) smaller sized with a heavy cotton tie. This is the size of the small vinyl roll but all black canvas.

This is a cheap way to get a tool roll if you carry tools with you when riding, and an easy way to keep them from rattling all over. Depending on what people think of these I may offer them for sale through my Etsy shop. ( a great eBay alternative for HANDMADE items. It's fees are cheaper, no auctions, seller sets a price puts a listing up and that's it, check it out if you like to buy hand made things or if you are selling handmade things.)

Attachments

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Those look nice.

Come on folks, who wants one of these awesome prototypes?

I do! I'll take the large one.

You've got a PM.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
What we really need is a label that says motorized bike tools lol....I mean sure WE know but how about the spouse ect..

When I ask, "Honey, have you seen my bike tools?" She won't have to ask, "What do they look like?"

:ride:

Notice the lil guys bike looks a lot like the ones I build big front wheel small rear wheel. Almost like a tricycle, oh god I am regressing,

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
So all of the free pouches and rolls are gone!

Based on the response I'm going to make a limited amount of the following:
A small water bottle sized pouch with a few small internal pockets, and a draw string closure. Made in canvas only.

A small sized roll up that when filled should fit in a water bottle cage.
A large sized roll up that would fit in a front basket, pannier, or other larger bag or be strapped up under the seat.

Rolls will be available in recycled sign vinyl- limited quantities and colors, based on what I can get to recycle. They will also be made in canvas. Both styles will have a heavy cotton tie closure.

Pricing to be determined. Pouches will probably be around $10 and small rolls $20 and large $22 or so, shipping priority will be $5.

I want to thank everyone who took a prototype to use and abuse and for Deacon for letting me IM his fingers off bouncing this idea off him. Seriously this place rocks.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I would be afraid to type that with all the security people monitoring the net. Lots of people I won't be threatening and I will not be giving the formula for homemade napalm or any of that kind of thing either lol...

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I got my pouch today and it is terrific. It is small enough to do the trick for me just fine. The drawstring is worth it's weight in gold. Tools stay inside instead of falling out when I pick it up.

Well done shoes, I recommend this to anyone.

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
Ya know, back when, a cowpoke carried his bed all rolled up and tied with two leather thongs to the back of the saddle, sitting on the saddle blanket. The bed, coupla (if lucky) blankets folded left side over then right side over (in thirds) was then rolled up to form a roll a little wider than his shoulders. You can see 'em in any western shootemup.

A bedroll just a little wider than the saddle tied or strapped with two pieces of recycled old leather belts would look kinda kewl. Buckled would be OK but tied would be more authentic. It would look good on Zug's Vintage Chopper. Tied inside them big ol' springs.

I wonder where I can get some silver concho's fer my saddle?

Ted

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I rode a motor cycle from nc to atlanta once sitting on a tent flap. Couldnt sit down for a week after. Careful with that bedroom pardner

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
I mistyped that. I should have said toolroll tied to the back of the saddle on a bike. It's tied to the back, not the top.

Concho's are silver ornaments about the size from a quarter to a silver dollar. You can get them in MC shops.

And I have some little blue pills. Still careful, though.

Ted

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I got mine yesterday...
Nice!!!! looks camo sorta...has a lot of nicely sized pockets and a flip over top like an old motorcycle tool kit.

I love it! Recommended!

Oh, am I sounding like ebay feedback?:D

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I got mine and I loved it as well. I think the kid is on to something here... We should start a club those who have it and those who wish they did lol