gas milage

GoldenMotor.com

corduroylion

Sep 25, 2008
norcal
if im only getting about 15 miles with one fill up but cant locate a leak, then i have to be dumping fuel while i ride??? right??? the gas is going somewhere but i cant figure it out. something isnt right. i just filled up the day before yesterday and im almost out of gas already. its almost like the thing just drinks the gas right up while im riding it.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Is there any fuel that comes out of your exuast? How is your motor running? If it was dumping that much fuel in your motor it would not run very well. Any leaks at the peacock, fuel line? Any fuel comming out at the airfilter?

corduroylion

Sep 25, 2008
norcal
Is there any fuel that comes out of your exuast? How is your motor running? If it was dumping that much fuel in your motor it would not run very well. Any leaks at the peacock, fuel line? Any fuel comming out at the airfilter?

it used to leak pretty bad out the petcock and carb. i replaced the petcock and the carb and now it doesnt leak. the clutch is slipping though. i would have to say that it has to be comming out the exuast. because i dont see it otherwise. it doesnt leak out the tank, carb or petcock even while riding it. it runs pretty well too. it goes close to 30mph. i ride it a little over 6 miles a day at the least.

jburr36

Jul 17, 2008
Idaho
Check the studs on the fuel tank as well. Mine leaked around the brazing of every stud until I seal coated the inside of the tank. Also that clear stock fuel hose is crap. Mine hardened after a few days and it leaked profusely at the brass inlet nipple on the carb and at the petcock. Not even cable ties stopped the leak so I forced on a real fuel hose and clamps. Last the float level in your carb may be too high.