48 Schwinn Project Pictures

GoldenMotor.com

1941ford

Dec 18, 2011
shirley ny
very nice whizzer looks like a factory built one,does it have notches in frame for belt clearence? i would clean it up and refresh motor and use as is.JMO

grunthum

Mar 30, 2012
Kansas City
Hi JMO
Yes the frame is compressed in the areas where it looks like the belt would run. Both on the inside of the tubing. Top compression is on the tubing where the back fender bolts to the tubing crossbrace and other is about 5 inches back from the kickstand on what I would call the swingarm tubing. Thanks for the info, never noticed but I'm learning. Plan on leaving original and get it running. Any leads on a fuel tank would be great. Grant

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Thanks for posting pics gruthum, and what a GREAT SCORE!!!!!!

ON the motor is a very rare....did I say rare accessories, it's called a idler pulley!! helps to adjust the belt.

AND A BUDDY-SEAT!!! RARE RARE!! that's what is laying behind your rear wheel.

WOW!! I'm okay, The Whizzer Newsletter will be a big help in finding all your parts. your already the man!

Thanks Ray

Last edited:

grunthum

Mar 30, 2012
Kansas City
Hi Ray
Your post cracked me up. I was kind a wondering about that buddy seat thingie. I thought maybe it was something you could put a milk crate on to haul the groceries. I'm learning and thanks alot for the info. Grant

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Keep us posted on your progress, and once again, welcome to whizzer and what a great start.

Here's a pic of my current project. the black one. Ray

Attachments

1941ford

Dec 18, 2011
shirley ny
i see your flywheel is broken,when you remove it remember the bolt that holds it has left hand treads,so to loosen you need to turn it clockwise,i seen several bolts broken off because they were turned the wrong way and that is a problem trust me

Last edited:

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
i see your flywheel is broken,when you remove it remember the bolt that holds it has left hand treads,so to loosen you need to turn it clockwise,i seen several bolts broken off because they were turned the wrong way and that is a problem trust me
That's a good point 1941ford, he should get the Whizzer Service Facts manual.
I got mine from Will Larson, he's in the hospial right now, should be home in a week maybe 2. or ebay? I can give his # if needed. It's about $20.00 i think and about 70 pages.

Attachments

Last edited:

grunthum

Mar 30, 2012
Kansas City
Yep, I'm gonna need a manual and will subscribe to the news letter. Thanks for all the info Ray & 41 Ford. I have some other parts that I will post some pics of and maybe you guys can give me an idea of what I'm missing. Thanks Grant

grunthum

Mar 30, 2012
Kansas City
Hi Chainmaker
When I bought it I didn't know what it was and the guy selling didn't know either. Thanks to the web it didn't take me long to find out. Now I just need to get it going. Your Panther project looks very cooool. Are you going for that boardtracker look? Grant

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Thanks, I am going to keep the same overall look of the bike I really like how it finished with the HF motor. I bought a 47 whizzer H kit for it and it should arrive next week, I may have a tank for you if interested, I have the in frame tank and I believe Quentin said the kit had a tank, but not original to the kit but still vintage.

grunthum

Mar 30, 2012
Kansas City
Hi Guys
Yes I am interested in finding a tank. Let me know what you guys have and the cost. Some pics. would be nice. Thanks dirt nerd. Really neat seeing your before and after of your engine. Looking at your pics. it looked like it took about 30 mins to restore. Grant

grunthum

Mar 30, 2012
Kansas City
Thanks JB for the lead on the tank. I'm hoping to find a tank that would be close to original to when the bike was made. Nice to know I can pick up a repo fairly cheap.