1948 Schwinn motorized bicycle help

GoldenMotor.com

grunthum

Mar 30, 2012
Kansas City
Just picked up a 1948 Schwinn (American Flyer)has a Whizzer I think. Bike is complete with all the heavy duty parts that Schwinn used for a motorized bike. After a days research I think its a Whizzer engine, has a Tittolson carb, aluminum head, iron cylinder and 2 cables with steel levers one going to the carb and the other to the engine. Engine numbers are H-55829 and 2204 W4. Can send pics. if that would help. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Grant

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Sounds like you got a great little project there. two cables. one throttle, one comp, with auto clutch?

Welcome to whizzer. If you haven't gotten it to start, you can get the electronic module to replace the points.

There is a Whizzer Newsletter that comes out monthly with all kinds of info about the vintage whizzer and new edition whizzer. If you like you can ask for a sample of the newsletter, just be sure to put down Whizzer Newsletter when you e-mail them. Mary Kay [email protected]

If you need any more info, there are lots of folks here that can help.

Here's a sneak peak of the Newsletter. Boy is this month loaded with good stuff!! Ray

Attachments

Last edited:

grunthum

Mar 30, 2012
Kansas City
Well, I took 15 pics. today and tried to download them to this website and it said download failed. I'm going to have to figure it out. I'll get the pics. up asap....Grant

grunthum

Mar 30, 2012
Kansas City
Just a pic. test and thanks Silverbear. I have the pic. thing down now so I'm getting ready to post some pics on the Whizzer forum. Grant

Last edited: