Morini Clutch Case Gasket

GoldenMotor.com

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Hey gang,

Was changing my clutch oil the other day on my S6s, when I noticed the thin OEM gasket was looking a little long in the tooth (from all my clutch adjustments to get the right combination). I used the old gasket as a template and cut out/ punched a new one, made of high quality Fel-Pro gasket material. Wasn't hard at all, but then again I make all my own gaskets for my bikes.

Installed and no leaks or issues.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I have reused my stock gasket forever now. As long as it is clean and not torn. I prolly ought to put a fresh one tho..;)

DFlanagan

May 23, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
I have reused my stock gasket forever now. As long as it is clean and not torn. I prolly ought to put a fresh one tho..;)
Hey guys I got a problem with my S6-S. After getting my big bore build all together, I am leaking alot of clutch fluid from the kickstarter shaft during riding. I filled the clutch fluid to the bottom of the fill hole on the clutch cover with the bike straight up. Is there an overflow hole somewhere on the motor block? I have a brass fitting on top of the motor block below the air intake. Should this fitting be there or should it be removed?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Hey guys I got a problem with my S6-S. After getting my big bore build all together, I am leaking alot of clutch fluid from the kickstarter shaft during riding. I filled the clutch fluid to the bottom of the fill hole on the clutch cover with the bike straight up. Is there an overflow hole somewhere on the motor block? I have a brass fitting on top of the motor block below the air intake. Should this fitting be there or should it be removed?
That brass fitting should be removed it is a vent plug for when they shipped the motor or when you lay the bike on its side to service the clutch without draining the fluid. . That plug has to removed to operate the motor. It just like having a vent on a differential on a automobile.

Last edited:

DFlanagan

May 23, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
That brass fitting should be removed it is a vent plug for when they shipped the motor or when you lay the bike on its side to service the clutch without draining the fluid. . That plug has to removed to operate the motor. It just like having a vent on a differentiated on a automobile.
Thanks bro,

Did I cause any damage to my motor? I ran it like this for about 30 mins. The guy who built my motor did not tell me **** about the vent plug. For a guy who builds championship motocross motors you would think he would have told me this. If something is damaged I am going to be pissed.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
You did not hurt it..:) I think you are ok..On my 9.4 the seal was weeping just a tad at the kick starter seal. I double checked my vent with a fine piece of wire to make sure it was not plugged. Guess some trash got in it? All is well.shft.

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Thanks bro,

Did I cause any damage to my motor? I ran it like this for about 30 mins. The guy who built my motor did not tell me **** about the vent plug. For a guy who builds championship motocross motors you would think he would have told me this. If something is damaged I am going to be pissed.
I believe there is an overflow that makes its way to the other side where the generator resides. Run it a few times and it'll get itself to where it needs to be. My bike always drools a little after riding the first time after Ive just filled the case. brnot

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I believe there is an overflow that makes its way to the other side where the generator resides. Run it a few times and it'll get itself to where it needs to be. My bike always drools a little after riding the first time after Ive just filled the case. brnot
That is just some oil run off from removing the clutch cover. The clutch cover to the S6C ''watered cooled'' uses that channel.. If you look closer the S6T/S6S clutch cover completely , entirely seals/blocks that off... ;)

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
That is just some oil run off from removing the clutch cover. The clutch cover to the S6C ''watered cooled'' uses that channel.. If you look closer the S6T/S6S clutch cover completely , entirely seals/blocks that off... ;)
Really then hows the oil it end up in the other side of the case where theGenerator (near the bottom)?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Really then hows the oil it end up in the other side of the case where theGenerator (near the bottom)?
How is it a over flow when that is a lower most section of the clutch cover?:D
I got's to set my clutch up for my S6C soon . I will do it tomorrow and post a picture of that cover and the utilized channel for the water pump. . The square hole on your gasket that you cut out at the bottom dead ends in the air cooled clutch cover. The liquid cooled clutch cover uses that and has a hose barb on it that reflects this purpose.

The clutch cover gaskets are generically stamped out for both style clutch covers.

Last edited:

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
How is it a over flow when that is a lower most section of the clutch cover?:D
I got's to set my clutch up for my S6C soon . I will do it tomorrow and post a picture of that cover and the utilized channel for the water pump. .
Im familiar with the channel I think your talking about its the two lower most cutouts in the gasket i just made, right?

I understand those aren't utilized, have you ever overfilled your case? Say you fill it as i do while the bike is on its side. What happens for you?

Just wondering.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Im familiar with the channel I think your talking about its the two lower most cutouts in the gasket i just made, right?

I understand those aren't utilized, have you ever overfilled your case? Say you fill it as i do while the bike is on its side. What happens for you?

Just wondering.
I fill my clutch to the fill hole with the bike relatively level. Some guy's try to get a little more in there I guess? I reckon there is a plus tolerance there.

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
I fill my clutch to the fill hole with the bike relatively level. Some guy's try to get a little more in there I guess? I reckon there is a plus tolerance there.
No worries, I was just wondering. I don't have a curvy funnel so I end up laying her down at an angle and when I stand it up as long as its poring out of the hole I slap the plug in and go. I figure its at least got the minimum amount of oil required.

Since these fascinating little engines don't come with manuals its good we discuss stuff like this. .shft.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
No worries.:) I stared at that channel a lot until I got a S6C and it made more sence to me. I still don't completly understand the rest of the water channeling into the block yet. The jug is easy enough to understand. As I would have to remove the water pump. If it ain't broke I am not fixing it. Lol I have been down that road and that dog don't always hunt laff

DFlanagan

May 23, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
No worries.:) I stared at that channel a lot until I got a S6C and it made more sence to me. I still don't completly understand the rest of the water channeling into the block yet. The jug is easy enough to understand. As I would have to remove the water pump. If it ain't broke I am not fixing it. Lol I have been down that road and that dog don't always hunt laff
Good info guys. Thanks!

I have a S6-C motor block with S6-S side covers and a air cooled jug that is bored out. I pulled the brass pin out this morning and seen that there was a small hole in it. Kind of scratching my head woundering if the hole was just to small?

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
last weekend i was taking apart a s6e that i bought to see what was frozen and was suprised at how much oil came out of that breather hole.

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Hey goat here is the oil thats "overflowed" (as I was trying to describe) into the coil side of the S6s my vent is free and clear also. If not for an overflow how would oil get to that side of the engine? Also the leaking oil stops after a ride or two.